Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Raven
Stopped by Home Goods this morning after hearing a tip that some stores have started stocking Halloween items. I don't think they had everything out unless they are going to have far less than other years. They have some cool things, but as usual most everything is covered in glitter.

Really want!

And of course I had to buy a water globe. It's hard to tell from the pic but they are dancing on a cemetery with headstones and bones laying around. It plays "Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead!" and has black glitter with tiny black bats mixed in when you shake it.

By NikkiRae
I wish there was a Home Goods closer to me. Some of that stuff is really cute! The closest one is like an hour away :cry:
By purple1worm
Very cool! I haven`t spotted any Halloween stuff yet. I hope soon!
By pagemaster1993
I don't think we have a Home Goods around here, but some of that stuff is pretty cool.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooh, good report from the field, RavensDestiny. I've been to two HomeGoods locations over the past couple weeks, but they didn't have all their Halloween stuff out quite yet. Looks like your store has more so far. My stores had their stuff spaced out on the shelf, so I know they still have more yet to come.

Your photos show a lot more glitter than I saw when I was there. Well... I did see my fair share of sparkles too. Once in a while it makes sense. But many times it's like they add glitter out of some misguided belief that they have to. I saw things like... a classy realistic tombstone, with a raven perched on top. Right up my alley. But then there's a thin coat of glitter on the wing of the raven or on the lettering of the engraved tombstone. Why oh why?

I know HomeGoods tends to have a lot of creepy snowglobes, which I knew you'd like RavensDestiny. I saw that dancing skeleton couple. I really liked the pose of the characters inside. Good choice! And that spooky baby carriage is cool! Never seen a decoration in stores like that thing. I'd fill it up with creepy dolls and zombie babies.

I own several Halloween things from HomeGoods that I've acquired over the years. I like that many of their items seem more... "adult" so I can get away with having them on display in my home year round. I have a few small sculptures, like busts and other table top art.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share these photos. Your HomeGoods has a lot of the same things I've seen in my stores, but some variation too. That's the thing about this chain of stores, you find slightly different stock depending on where you are.

I've had some photos I've been meaning to share from HomeGoods too. Here are a few that I snapped while in the store. I'll try to not repeat what you already showed us...

They have some nice vintage art...

I liked the design of these wooden storage boxes - especially the "Halloween is calling!" one with the raven. But I could have done without the glitter around the edge and on the letters.

And as I mentioned in the Yankee Candle thread, you can find some older jars of Halloween scents in HomeGoods, for a discounted price.

They had a lot of interesting Halloween and fall candles actually.

I bought a couple. In this photo, you can see the skull and drippy two-tone candle, both of which are now mine. The big tombstone didn't come home with with me, but that's a candle too!

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, and one more thing. I've seen some HomeGoods photos on the web that other people have posted, and I spotted this headless horseman statue that I've decided I absolutely must own! Really love this thing, for some reason. Sadly, my HomeGoods doesn't have it (at least, I haven't seen it on the shelves yet). So my hunt will continue. Anyone else see this at your HomeGoods?

By monstermash
I love seeing pictures of what you lucky lot across the pond get to buy. I never feel jealous, Ive just resigned myself to the fact that its just not going to happen on the same scale here. So instead I live vicariously through my minion chums and thats just fine. :)
I'd definatley get some of those lovely candles, you can never have too many when the dark nights start creeping in. The amount of glitter on shows a bit much though, not my cup of tea at all. I like the bell jar thing in your first pic RD, I might chop and change what sat inside it though, and take the tinsel off the bottom. Glitter and tinsel must be kept in the realm of Christmas for me.
By Raven
monstermash wrote: I like the bell jar thing in your first pic RD, I might chop and change what sat inside it though, and take the tinsel off the bottom. Glitter and tinsel must be kept in the realm of Christmas for me.
I bought one last year, although different inside. The crow is glittered and there is tinsel although I'm pretty sure I took the tinsel off the bottom and put a Halloween ribbon around the bottom instead.

By ghostface
Ohhhh I love seeing all this Halloween stuff! LOVE that carriage. I think I might actually have a Home Goods near me!
By purple1worm
Love the 2 skull candle holders on each side Ravens! Cool candles too!
Oh now I feel like taking out my fall and Halloween stuff!
By Lala
I MUST HAVE THAT CARRIAGE!!! I am going to Home Goods tonight!
By Raven
I went back today and picked up a few more things I couldn't resist. I had too much stuff in my hands to take pictures, but they do have different items than a few weeks ago when I was there.

I couldn't leave this. I tried, but I just couldn't do it.

And yet another water globe came home with me. This one the house lights up and changes colors. That's why it had to come home with me. If it didn't light up I might have left it there...MIGHT have..