Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By YoshioKun13
Hey all, I'm new here!

Although this is my first posting on this forum, I assure you that I've been QUITE the avid reader of it. Found this glorious site while scoping out the web for pumpkin pattern designs last year, and sure glad I did. The various tips and advice on preparing, carving, preserving, lighting and all the other important aspects of pumpkin carving in order to achieve professional-looking results has been invaluable. And now, I hope to contribute to the goings-on here through the experiences in my own pumpkin carving art endeavors. :lol:

Just thought I'd introduce my little 'ol self before embarking on an epic mission to carve no less than 31 pumpkins and jack o'lanterns for next week's holiday festivities.

Talk to you all later, and wish me luck! :wink:

- Jason
Last edited by YoshioKun13 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hottie McNaughty
Hello! Don't worry....all are welcome here. :D I'm looking forward to seeing all of your ambitious carves this year!
By SuperSonic
Welcome, glad to have yah. Can't wait to see your carves :)
By purple1worm
Welcome to tha patch! Hope to see you're carves soon ! :D
By jen d.
Good luck, Jason... and welcome to the forums! :)
By JMP919
Welcome friend, and good luck!
By CombichristGirl
awesome! welcome your in the right place. i to cant wait to see your out comes :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey Jason! Yeah, I think we can squeeze you into our madhouse. We're not at capacity just yet! You spoke up just in time too. Happy carving! (love your Halloween avatar... er... ya know, from the movie, not the holiday).
By YoshioKun13
Thanks everyone for the warm, pumpkin-scented welcome! :D

I must confess one thing though...........that I will likely NOT be using any of the ZP patterns. :oops:

For you see, starting last year I decided I wanted to do "shaded" patterns that I thought would produce a more rich look and after a successful test run I'm afraid I won't be going back to the simple cut-out method ever again.

But that's no slight to Ryan's designs at all, they are indeed kick-@ss! :wink:
zombiepumpkins wrote:Happy carving! (love your Halloween avatar... er... ya know, from the movie, not the holiday).
Thank you Ryan. I did that Jack-O last year on a real pumpkin, but also on an artificial Fun-kin! Still have it for display, but as I'm only doing real, organic pumpkins this year, probably will carve that and some of the other Jacks from the various HALLOWEEN flicks on the real thing again.

Don't think I'll have time to experiment with shading on artificials this year, unfortunately. :roll:
By monstermash
Hey YoshioKun13! Welcome to ZP. We're all crazy here, and that's how we like it. :)
Can't wait to see your stuff.
By Tkaraoke
There's always room for one more! Welcome aboard!!!
By Raven
Welcome to the forums! As far as shading goes, many people have shaded Ryan's patterns instead of cutting all the way through. Some have been inventive and found parts to shade and parts to cut all the way through creating a very unique carving. Hope to see pictures of your work!
By punchi
Welcome to the patch!