Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
I haven't said much about this in the forum, but my husband and I have been trying to start our family for 9 years. Two years ago, a friend told me I should write about it and start a Go Fund Me page to get donations to to help with the fertility treatments.

Yesterday I had an interview with the local newspaper about our story (The baby photographer who can't have her own) and in the morning they will be photographing me at "work" for the paper.

We also have the local NBC and ABC news wanting to do TV spots - I am majorly freaked out, but maybe this is what we need to do? they said it could go national :arrowhead:

Anyway, just wanted to say this forum has helped me keep it together with all of the struggles over the last several years. Thank you friends :-)

Here is the link - please share if you want to - Thanks! https://www.gofundme.com/5auz8g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(posted with permission from the Patchmaster!)
Last edited by Lala on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's a personal aspect of life and I know you like to be private with some things. Sharing your story (with the media too!) must be scary. But sometimes it's just what is needed to kick things into motion and build momentum. You'll receive nothing but support and encouragement, which is sure to help on those tougher days. The ZP minions have your back, no matter what. This is your spooky crafty second home for inspiration and distraction.

And let's see... can a long-time member who supports and contributes to our pumpkin community share a fundraiser link for their important personal cause? Uh... yes, of course! Anything we can do to help. Good luck!
By Lala
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:That's a personal aspect of life and I know you like to be private with some things. Sharing your story (with the media too!) must be scary. But sometimes it's just what is needed to kick things into motion and build momentum. You'll receive nothing but support and encouragement, which is sure to help on those tougher days. The ZP minions have your back, no matter what. This is your spooky crafty second home for inspiration and distraction.

And let's see... can a long-time member who supports and contributes to our pumpkin community share a fundraiser link for their important personal cause? Uh... yes, of course! Anything we can do to help. Good luck!
Thanks! I will add it tomorrow. Or later if I can't sleep. I'm freaking out.
By Minionette
I truly understand what you are going through. Believe me. So anything I can do to help along the way, please call on me! Best of luck!!!
By Raven
I'm another that totally understands your struggle (PCOS ruined my chances of kids!). The testing, the drugs, the injections, the expense, the waiting...been there and done that. I will be turning 43 in a few weeks and I've decided my time has now come and gone. I wish you and your husband all the best! :thumbsup:
By Lala
I posted the link above. I will share the news stories :shock: when I have them

My friend will be here to pick me up so I can do a "photoshoot" of her baby and the newspaper photographer can take photos of THAT.

I am trying to keep calm but I'm scared. My friend is very supportive of us so I'm happy she'll be there with me.
By Minionette
With me, my mom had been prescribed a medicine that prevented miscarriages, (she had miscarried before) but the drug turned out to be a nasty thing that was quickly banned. The birth defects, deformities and deaths that came from this drug were staggering. I'm one in a million in the respect that I am whole, healthy and sound. I knew from a young age that I would not be absent carry a healthy baby so I made my peace with it.
By Lala
Minionette wrote:With me, my mom had been prescribed a medicine that prevented miscarriages, (she had miscarried before) but the drug turned out to be a nasty thing that was quickly banned. The birth defects, deformities and deaths that came from this drug were staggering. I'm one in a million in the respect that I am whole, healthy and sound. I knew from a young age that I would not be absent carry a healthy baby so I made my peace with it.
That is too bad - I am sorry. Other than my PCOS, my infertility is "unexplained" which is frustrating. I've had two losses (right before we got married, like a month before, and a few months after). My husband is fine, so it's all me. My bio dad thinks it's because he was exposed to so much AgentOrange when he was in the army before I was born :-(

I had the photo session with the newspaper photographer today, which was weird, but okay. Article should be out in a few days :shock:
By Minionette
We three are kindred spirits.... :D been through it all my dear!! I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
By chuckwagon
I can not even imagine what you are going through, emotionally. Please know that I am thinking of you, and wishing you all the best. Your minion family is here for you whenever you need us!!!
By Cirrus
Sending good thoughts and wishing you the best of luck... there is nothing more precious than a child (aka a future trick or treater). Thanks for sharing your story!