Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By shutterbug
WELL...It's just around the corner!
Hi Folks...London Ontario here...another year has gone...almost time to put the kids out in the yard again.This year we're going to hang between 600-700.Last year was just too damn many of them!Nobody wanted to come out to help gut, just carve.This year that's not going to happen!
Ryan...you've done it again! Some beauties already, & it's only the beginning of the month!Looking forward to the surprises to come.
Keep up the GREAT work everyone!You've done some great one's already this year!Still can't get over what we all did last year!
Everybody keep smilin', 'cause then others wonder what you're up to!...Judd Kennedy...London, Ontario, Canada. :lol:
Last edited by shutterbug on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Only 600 or 700? Aww, Judd you're just getting lazy now. :wink: I'm kidding, the quantity you do is phenomenal. I'm glad to see you back in the zombie pumpkin patch this year and look forward to seeing photos of your eventual display!
By shutterbug
Thanks Ryan!!
BTW folks...my website for the fotos of the last 2 years is www.juddphoto.on.ca .Just hit one of the front fotos & that will take you to the second page.The website will be changing soon...Judd
By Pumpkin Hunter
I am suffering from pumpkin envy. So jealous, mind you as we get closer, I start to hate Halloween in the UK, just not as much fun as in Canada or the US. I am going green as I type this.
By CorpseBride
You blow me away. One year I will do that. How do you make it happen man?
By shutterbug
It started 15 yrs ago...with 20...just cuz I wanted to.Told my wife that I wanted to carve whatever I want.When I grew up I had to carve what my mom & dad wanted me to...now I tell the kids that come to carve to "bring your imagination...everything else is supplied."We make our own saws.There will be 3 of us doing the lids & hopefully a bunch of folks hepling to gut.I've had a crew of about 6 that have been doing it with me now for about 12 yrs..
I'll try to get better shots of the things leading up to it this year...Judd :shock:
By purple1worm
600 pumpkins!? That's insane. Good luck and power to you. I wish I had the room in my yard to fit half that. Must be a sight to see!
By sloaner
I cant see any pumpkins on that site, just drag racing stuff.
By Sind3315
:o Holy cow!!! That must be an impressive sight to see!!! Wish I lived close enough to check that out!
By shutterbug
...OK...yesterday we went out & got about 500.All were very good.Today we gutted All of the 700(approx.) we have.Hands are kinda sore...just get out the heating pad.We'll start carving tomorrow night,but really get going on Tuesday nite.I've posted a bunch more fotos onto the website of things as they happen.I put some of the field that we were at yesterday.It was amazing.We only grabbed about 350 from it & we were told we could have as many as we wanted...!!!I wish I could send them overseas to you folks over there, 'cause the owner said that they have finished picking!!!It was really difficult leaving all the "Kin" there!Oh well...I'll keep all posted...J www.juddphoto.on.ca
By SaneInsideInsanity
wow awesome shots can;t wait to see the damage when all is said and done
By CombichristGirl
that is really insane i love it ! god i would only fit about 2 may be 300 in mmy yard tops geeze lol. i cant wait to see more as well!
By nosferatu
I agree it is absolutely mindblowing.

Have never seen anybody collecting pumpkins with a digger before. People look twice when you have six or seven in a supermarket trolley. Their eyeballs would pop out of theirs heads if they saw you trundling along with a digger full
By GUS
Very poor pumpkin crop here again this year, lots of rot due to bad weather, wondering if glasshouse / cloches are the order of the day for growers here, it was one wet august in the uk.