Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
Besides the fact that it's a very cool movie, fans of Zombie Pumpkins might be interested in the new Donnie Darko Blu-ray release. Recognize anything?

On the back cover, Donnie is shown wearing a shirt with my Frank bunny pattern. Although he never wears such a shirt in the movie, I think it's pretty darn cool to have my design featured on the box art.

Thanks to Jeff for spotting this and sending in the scans.

By nosferatu
That is pretty damn amazing and the design works really well on a t shirt.

Maybe they'll contact you about printing them. This could be just the beginning. If Obama can appear on the Tonight Show then I'm pretty sure he'll soon want to bring out his own range of Halloween cards and tees!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nope, they never contacted me. The Frank stencil is one of the first ones I released (back in 2002). I've seen it bouncing around the web over the years, sometimes with my name/URL info removed. So it's possible that the designer of the DVD cover didn't even know where the stencil originally came from.
By GUS
are you going to "nudge" him as to it's origin as a stencil?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Actually, I've seen a tshirt with that design for sale a while back. Not just a homemade version on eBay or Cafepress, but a company selling a professionally printed shirt with my Frank stencil design.

I can't seem to find the link right now, but I believe it was some shirt company in the UK. They never got in touch with me, but again, that pattern has made the rounds on stencil sites for years, since it was from an earlier era when I was less protective of their distribution.

It's not something I feel I really need to pursue, but I wouldn't mind receiving a free shirt or DVD if it has my design on it. ;)
By CorpseBride
Thats super cool Ryan!! Too bad you didn't get any credit for it though. You really deserve it.
By SaneInsideInsanity
UBER COOL!...i already own 3 copies of this movie however i think this may merit buying on bluray now...