Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Wedge
So I had read somewhere that people made patterns and put them in the window. I used the Oogie Boogie 2 and the new Tongue Lashing patterns. What i did was blew the patterns up so they were about 3 ft by 4 ft. I cut the pattern out and then traced in onto a large piece of felt. After cutting the pattern out of the felt I put yellow tissue paper behind the felt and hung them in the windows. When the light are on in the room the patterns look great from the street. I will try to post pictures later.
Wedge
By reignman40
That is a very cool idea. I'm anxious to see photos as well.
By Wedge
well it may be a few more days. My dog heard the mailman and not being able to see out the window tore down the covers I made. So I am going to have to remake them and then get the pictures for you guys. I will try to get them in the next few days. I think I am going to try to make them out of a thin foam panel this time. Maybe they will hold up a little better.
By Wedge
okay so here is the day picture. I will follow up tonight with the glowing window cover.
By taber
Cool! But you need some night shots!!

:wink:
By Wedge
Here are the night pictures. You can see actual pumpkins carved at the bottom and the large patterns are hanging in the window. I found it was easier to cut the patterns out on display boards, (the old science fair boards). It takes a little more time to cut and I went through 3 X-acto blades but here you go with the final product. Total cost about $15 for the 2 cut outs. $5 for each board and about $5 of yellow tissue paper.
By taber
Hahaha no way!!! That is awesome!!!!!!

:arrow: :shock: :arrow: :D
By Dragon
I love the Eye of Newt pattern!
By Kittie
I did something like that this year, but I used black table cloth and tissue paper. Cost me $2.00. $1.00 for the table cloth and $1.00 for tissue paper. There are pictures somewhere in this link:
http://webpages.charter.net/thekittykat79/Halloween/

We did Cujo and a big Happy Halloween sign.
By Wedge
I actually used large sheets of felt first but during the day if I didn't take them down my dog went nuts because he couldn't see out. The second try i used display cardboard. Stupid me I work for a furniture company and could have gotten all the free large sheet of cardboard i needed. anyways the cardboard was nice becasue the boards just proped up in the window and could be pulled down with no effort. But their way work. Your Cujo window looks great. Next year i may try different color tissue paper to give it a more real color look.