Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
I work from a small office at home. Thought I would have a 12 month Zombie Pumpkin experience after seeing how creative other people have been with Ryan's stencils.

This is my first attempt. It has a few faults - I misjudged the width of the mount :roll: and I should have used a black paper background rather than white :roll: but hey, its only going to be me, my wife and daughter that see it. I am quite happy with it. :D It didn't cost me much money to do only time and I am going to do two more; another orange with green centre and a green one with orange centre.

It will also be a handy reminded for resubscribing to the site and serve as a countdown to Halloween next year.

Sorry about the quality of the photo but along with suggesting stencil ideas, photography is not a strength

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, that's great, nosferatu. I love it when people go "beyond the pumpkins" with the stencils. I'm honored that you'd want to frame my art like that. :D

You got a good mix of designs in there too. Any particular rhyme or reason to how you chose which designs to feature, and the order in which you arranged them?
By nosferatu
Thanks Ryan! No criteria for selection - all your patterns are great. I just started off with a few that I thought would be easy to do on card. As for choice of arrangement, again, completely random. The ones that I really wanted on were Frankenstein's Monster, Dementia, Orc and Ghoul as they were the first pumpkins I ever did in 2003! I do Ghoul and FM every year because they look so great.

I have already cut about another 20 and put an orange background on, chucky being the latest. I have done 2 so far today, Leatherface and the ubiquitous Pan-O-Lantern.

Unfortunately, you keep generating such great designs, I think I'll be needing another frame in addition to the three I have. I love the designs this year - each time a new one is posted my wife says it is like watching our 4 year old daughter receiving a bag of sweets! LOL.....only because she is right
By CombichristGirl
thats sweet and as for the frame u could do one with black filled with green ? :D