Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
Bought these packs in the local market at 50p a box - the last two!

Once finished, I will sneak this zombie hatchling in between the other eggs.

Once Easter is over, I will add a bit of silver glitter for an instant Christmas decoration.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
LOVE it. Easter and zombies have always gone hand in hand. Nice work getting the stencil so small.
By purple1worm
well, he did rise again, kinda like Jesus! :lol:
By St0ney
nosferatu wrote:

I know this is Painted:

But the other day I was looking into Egg Carving.

It appears that an Ostrich egg besides being Large is pretty darn thick, Most of the guys that do this type of carving, use a dentist air powered drill, (wonder if a dremel could do the trick?).

Check out this site - some pretty cool carvings !

And my wife thought I was crazy, investing all our money in that Ostrich Farm - LOL

http://eggsalon.com/OstrichEggs.ivnu
By nosferatu
Those things are amazingly intricate. My dentist is more likely to be asking me "Is it safe?" rather than discussing the merits of his drill but boy does he love to drill.

I believe ostrich eggs are quite tough so can take a fair bit of abuse and can take the stresses of drills etc. The question is can you transfer your Hollywood skills to the small stage and work in miniature? What am I saying, of course you can!
By Drayco
St0ney wrote:It appears that an Ostrich egg besides being Large is pretty darn thick, Most of the guys that do this type of carving, use a dentist air powered drill, (wonder if a dremel could do the trick?).
Let me preface this by saying I've never tried egg carving so I don't have first hand knowledge about it. But a very skilled pumpkin carver that we both know wrote this about using a Dremel for egg carving in a different forum:
twinz3950 wrote:I have tried one egg and it did not make it. I broke it with the dremel. I have read that a dremel is not good at egg carving because of the vibrations and only spins around 45,000 rpms. I need some thing like the turbo carver spins at 450,000 rpms and no vibration.
By St0ney
Thanks Dray - Must have missed that.
Do you know what type of egg he used?

for his attempt ?

I read that chick/duck eggs are toooo thin.
Has to be Ostrich or Emu ? something pretty thick.
By SaneInsideInsanity
i think we should get our hand on a fossilized t Rex egg and give it a whirl...lol OK maybe not but it does seem cool i would never be able to do it though.