Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Crystal
Could someone tell me how you put the pattern on the window? I know there is like cotact paper stuff.. I haven't done any etching since a class in HS many moons ago.

But do you size down the pattern? Do you use carbon paper to transfer the pattern to the sticky paper and cut out with a razor blade?

I would really like all the info someone can give me. Ive got lots of windows on my S10 Blazer that need something cool on them.
By keithk83
I don't know that I would etch it into the truck window just for the sake of resale. Perhaps vinyl sticker? Just a thought.
By Crystal
resale? HA! its a 91 beater... we use because it has a smaller engine than the Ford F 250.. Its paied off and 4 wheel drive so, when I say beater I mean it.. haha.. tho hubby keeps it mechanically sound and it runs good.

I was just looking at my skull hitch cover.. which is cheesy.. and I have a skull sticker with pig tails on the window now but its losing color.

anyway I would not be hurting the resale value on this sucker if anything it would improve it. :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I see you also saw QuickAvenger's wine glass etching? However that was accomplished, I suppose you could do something similar.

And if you happen to be interested in some vinyl decals of the ZP mascot characters, my shop may offer that sort of thing next month.
By Crystal
zombiepumpkins wrote:I see you also saw QuickAvenger's wine glass etching? However that was accomplished, I suppose you could do something similar.

And if you happen to be interested in some vinyl decals of the ZP mascot characters, my shop may offer that sort of thing next month.
ooh that would be awesome as well.
By Raven
zombiepumpkins wrote:
I'm going to need more car windows...:)
By GUS
seing as you folk over the water have access to much cheaper dremel kit...

there is a dedicated glass etcher kit made by them
By SaneInsideInsanity
The costly way would be to pick your patterns and have them sandblasted in my a professional unless you know someone with a blasting booth...(i wish my dad still had his....actually all his glass stuff i can just picture myself with little blown glass zombie pumpkins.....)but anyway some auto body and stained glass places may do it but you have to remove the windows for the stained glass places....
By matspud
What about spray etch and a zombie pumpkin stencil?? I have some tins of it in my attic but have never used it.
By Raven
If I remember I will take a picture of glass etching I did on my car windows to give you an idea of what the etching stuff at crafts stores looks like. A decal stands out much better. Plus if you mess up on the glass etching you are stuck with it. Decals are easier to fix and remove.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I've never use the spray just the "real" method sorry.