Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Norm
After seeing something similar on ebay, I thought I could make one of these. This was my first attempt and I'm still tinkering with what works best, but I'm pleased so far.

Unlit

And lit (by a candle which I would not recommend due to heat)
suicidebarbie81 liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Pleased as you should be. I've seen these patterns cut into many objects, but I'm pretty sure you're the first beer can I've seen. If you're willing to share your secrets, I've love to hear more about what you used to cut through the can. Considering the material and size, it looks like a pretty accurate job!

Also, welcome to the forum! Hope to hear more from you in the coming months as Halloween gets close.
By pagemaster1993
Yeah I would really like to know what you carved it with.
By MooBoo
That is cool! you've done a great job! Welcome to the patch :D
By Norm
There really are no secrets to it. I used sticker paper to transfer the pattern. I found it much quicker and easier than transfer paper. I then cut it out using a dremel with a flex shaft attachment and a diamond burr bit. The one on the far left is the bit of choice.

It does get quite hot as you carve so I used burr lube to cool the bit and a glove to cool my hand. The hardest part was actually peeling the sticker paper off without bending or breaking some of the smaller pieces. Actually having fingernails would probably make it a lot easier.

Here's two more, first Arnold Schwarzenegger

And Bono

By ghostface
Wow, Norm! I applaud you for your excellent work. I've NEVER seen patterns on Beer cans. That is a genius idea! Also, welcome to the forum! :D
By sloaner
It's miller time :D I actually don't care much for beer but I like it more now that I found these pictures. Good job Norm.