Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
My sacrifice to the pumpkin king for 2021.

The kids, wife and mother and law did a few this season.
Last edited by Ajax on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraftyCarver, S.A.M, DeadKing and 3 others liked this
By CraftyCarver
These are all amazing, excellent job! Assuming you start a few days out, how do you preserve your pumpkins? Maybe I'm just slow but each one takes me two to three hours so I can only do a couple per day leading up to Halloween. I live in the desert so it's really dry here. Wet paper towel, saran wrap, and fitting one or two in the fridge is about my only option ha ha!
By Ajax
CraftyCarver wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:11 am
These are all amazing, excellent job! Assuming you start a few days out, how do you preserve your pumpkins? Maybe I'm just slow but each one takes me two to three hours so I can only do a couple per day leading up to Halloween. I live in the desert so it's really dry here. Wet paper towel, saran wrap, and fitting one or two in the fridge is about my only option ha ha!

It's pretty cool here in October. My process is put the face on with Saral paper and marker a week or 2 before I carve. I gut all my kins all at once around 10 use to be like 20. I use a pumpkin master serated edge scoop and a drill bit designed to thin the walls that I purchased off zombiepumpkins a few years back. Once I have my hollowed out corpses I carve.

Takes me about an hour a pumpkin but I choose a few easier designs to keep my motivation up. I did all the pumpkins in the second picture down of my original post in one day 12 pm-9:00 pm. I usually play horror movies or real haunting shows in the background. Thanks for looking hope I gave you some ideas.
CraftyCarver liked this
By S.A.M
Fantastic work as always Ajax, such crisp lines on those carves; love the group shot and seeing them outside with the giant pumpkin stack! :jack_o_lantern: Hope you had a wonderful Halloween and got lots of awesome comments for the pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:
By Ajax
Thanks for looking Mark. We made 100 treat bags and they were all gone by 7:30. I was giving out the kids lunch snacks and whatever I could find after that but thankfully we didn't have many after that.
By amandap80
Fantastic carves Ajax! a gorgeous grouping of gourds! :jack_o_lantern: