Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By sloaner
I don't think I posted pictures last year so here they are.

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Darkness

Pennywise

Wicked witch of the west

Root of all evil

Haunted manor

Game of thrones, House Stark sigil

Last edited by sloaner on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
These are really awesome. The lines are so clean and the pictures so clear. I love the vines and think I'll have to pick some of these up now.

What kind of lights are you using in these and how do you get the pictures to look so good?

Seeing these puts me in the mood to start carving! :thumbsup:
By sloaner
Thanks guys
Mayor of Haddonfield wrote: What kind of lights are you using in these and how do you get the pictures to look so good?
In those pictures I am using a howler LED light. It's a purple hockey puck looking thing, Ryan has a page about them on the forum. As for the pictures, I just set my camera to Aperture priority mode and have very minimal lighting. Keeping the aperture open for a few seconds lets in more light but you must have a tripod or somewhere to place your camera, otherwise the pictures will be blurry. I also put a black bed sheet behind the pumpkin so people will focus on the pumpkin and not my messy house :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very clean foam carves. Nice to see some VIP patterns turning up in your collection. Thanks for explaining your lighting setup too. That's the way to do it. Have some sort of backdrop, light your pumpkin from inside, and do a long exposure on a tripod. Your photos also have some nice soft light on the pumpkin surface too. What sort of light did you have on to accomplish that?
By sloaner
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: What sort of light did you have on to accomplish that?
In previous years I just took a lamp and pointed it at the pumpkins. This year I was able to take the pictures in my nerd cave (basement). I have pot lights on a dimmer switch. The lights are on the other side of the room so it is giving off a bit of light on the left side of the picture while keeping the right side of the pumpkin in the dark.
By SuperSonic
Absolutely wonderful carves Sloaner! Can't wait to see more!