Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By GeologySage
I saw the fake pumpkins on sale at Micheals so I decided I would carve a design and give it to my grandparents so that they'd have an easy to use jack-o-lantern each year from now on. I chose a Peanuts stencil with Charlie Brown and Snoopy looking at the moon.

It was quite a task... I knew it wasn't going to be easy cuz I had heard that the 'fake' fake pumpkins (non-funkins) were not reliable at all and was prepared for it to possibly break at any moment etc. I carved with relative ease but the shaving was difficult. I used a dremel tool to go at it. I left the shaved area unsanded to keep the bumpy, gritty 'dremeled' look cuz I thought it looked neat. I still have to sand the inside as a thick ring of foam needs to be sanded down to give a uniform glow to the moon etc.

Tell me what ya think!
By Dragon
That's very good! I'm impressed. I have wanted to experience with fake pumpkins but I still haven't picked a pattern that I want 'immortalized' if I were to have it for quite a few years.
By taber
That's badass.
By Vampirelittleliz
I was look at those, and then I noticed a huge sticker on the bottom that said it was flamable. Kind of scared me. I mean, I know there a lights out there that I could use, but those get hot too. Sort of set me off about the whole idea.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Most of the lights they sell for pumpkins don't get hot. The ones I have use LED lights (I sell these myself) and some use little bulbs like Christmas lights. None of which get warm enough to burn anything. Have no fear.
By Wedge
I found out about the Michael pumpkins this year and have been carving like crazy with them. The best lights I found that don't get hot at all are the led lights. You can even get the onces that change colors. Very cool in the Tiki carving and a few others.
By GeologySage
I used the lamps they had there that are just one nightlight bulb.

Though... for two of my carvings I intend on using their 'strobe' light and their multicolored one... We'll see how those turn out when I carve my real pumpkins.

What are all the different lighting options we have these days? I've posted that on the tips and tricks board.
By Black Talon
I knew I had seen this design somewhere before. Finally found the stencil for this in my stencil "archive"...

(Edit by zombiepumpkins: That pattern is still available on PumpkinGlow.com, so I'm guessing that the artist doesn't want other people to serve up the file in other locations. It can be viewed here.)
By GeologySage
Hmmm, I got mine from Pumpkinglow.com

Interesting that yours has shading in different areas etc.
By Black Talon
Whoops... my bad. You collect so many stencils over the years you forget where / what site you got them from. :?