Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Thank you all for your awesome comments :)

I'm going to post the final pictures in multiple posts, rather than one large post as to avoid taking up a lot of space on one page.

First up! Probably my favorite pattern out of the Unique Creations, save for Patch Master.

AUUUGH! You nearly got me Scared to Death with that prank!

Hands. Down. Favorite of 2014. Carve AND pattern.

In the year 2122, an Alien. Now known as the Xenomorph, took the lives of several mining crew members aboard the Nostromo. In 2179, it took the lives of several marines. Ripley, the only survivor of the attacks.

Face it. In Space. No one can hear you scream.

And the Facehugger too!

And of course, no Avery display is complete with out the one and only Patch Master!! I believe there is always a need for a Guardian. Mine is Patch Master. He protects all the others from everything life throws at them. Heed his call and be rewarded!

Quite pleased that I hid my mistakes very well.

Onto the next one!

This bear is not one of the three.... Meet... TEDDY FEAR!!!

At long last! The Face of the Minions has arrived! OBEY OR BE CARVED!!

Sonic's the name! Speed's my Game!

Now. For the story you are about to be told, came from the holiday worlds of old!!

Meet the three of the gang that I carved!

I think we can see, Jack and Sally are Simply Meant To Be!

WHO BETTER TO LIGHT MY SLEIGH! TO THE HEAD OF THE TEAM ZERO!!

Last edited by SuperSonic on Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
These carves look great you can defineitly tell you've stepped up your game. Your lines are smoother and photos are much clearer and crisper. Any changes to technique photography wise or carving wise? They all look great, scared to death, teddy fear, face hugger, minion, sonic all stand out as flawless and well photographed. The green looks cool on xenomorph and you have to have some burton in there it's tradition. Great job, the site seems to a have quieted down but I'm sure those that view your updates iwill appreciate it, you had a great year.
Last edited by Ajax on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ajax wrote:These carves look great you can defineitly tell you've stepped up your game. Your lines are smoother and photos are much clearer and crisper. Any changes to technique photography wise or carving wise? They all look great, scared to death, teddy fear, face hugger, minion, sonic all stand out as flawless and well photographed. The green looks cool on xenomorph and you have to have some burton in there it's tradition. Great job, the site seems to a have quieted down but I'm sure those that view your updates iwill appreciate it, you had a great year.
I will upload the rest when I've had some (rest)! As far as changing my technique though? I've gone to the pencil grip. First and foremost. It's allowed me to make more incisions into a piece to be cut faster, thus resulting in a cleaner line. The thickness of the wall is also prominent in these. I got a new gutter the DAY BEFORE Halloween. So naturally I made a few mistakes. You can't see them though :)

I try to keep the walls within 1 1/2" to an 1" thick. This allows me mobility with the saw in case I have some tight corners. As for the photo's though... that's an interesting comment. My Note 3 took all the photos you see here. I took the first few with my camera. Not being okay with the results (as usual), I took the liberty of testing my phones camera. It's better than my Nikon! :shock: So after being pleased with how it was taking photos, I just made it my main source.

Overall? Aside from the lack of Trick or Treater's, I had an amazing year.
Pumpken wrote:Great carves Sonic. That is quite a collection you created this year.
Thanks Ken! I finally decided to carve what I want this year. I mean. I always do. But usually I target the kids by carving the kid friendlies. This year, I chose more or less (out of my carves) to do what I want. I have to say. It was satisfying. And still I got comments. KIDS were recognizing Sonic and the Ghostbusters! :o I got more comments I think on the Ghostbusters and Simply Meant To Be than ANY OTHER PATTERN I'VE CARVED (which sadly includes the Xeno *sobs*).

I was again, so surprised with how well cultured kids are becoming today. Sonic AND the Ghostbusters? That just made my night. Of course. I DID have a few people who asked me who Snow White was.....
shaft28 wrote:Great carves, really love the green on the Xeno (teeth really stand out, love it).
Thanks! It really made me think about how I cheated on the Xeno. I bought an (approx) 16" pumpkin to put it on. Egon was on a similarly sized pumpkin (but did not need resizing). So I re sized the Xeno to an 11 x 17 to make it easier to see and carve. Funny thing is though, in that picture, I had JUST rinsed the pumpkin, and did not want to subject the Howler to wetness, so I put a paper towel in there, and the teeth just stood out more. Kinda cool when you notice that the foamie trick works in real pumpkins too! :)