Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By amandap80
OMG. That Exorcist one is the only carving I have ever seen that is flat too good. I could never display it. shiver I like the kitty and bat!!! LOL
By Pumpkinfreak
The exorcist one is my favorite, if you put that one on the porch for Halloween, you'd be getting slightly less trick or treaters this year :D
Great carves, great job! :thumbsup:
By Doh
Pumpkinfreak wrote:The exorcist one is my favorite, if you put that one on the porch for Halloween, you'd be getting slightly less trick or treaters this year :D
Great carves, great job! :thumbsup:

Oh it's there.....front and center.
By Doh
It's real pumpkin time...and time to show some Zombie love. These carves are for our local pumpkin walk. I shaded them fully to help make them last the entire week of the walk.

I am a nice shark....not a mindless eating machine.

This guy is pretty incredible.
By Doh
chuckwagon wrote:It's nothing short of amazing how you keep the depth of your shaded areas so consistent and smooth... Fantastic work, Doh!

I use a drill bit in a dremel to outline and segment the sections. However deep I plunge the bit...itt sets the depth of shade.
You make it sound so easy, lol... I always end up with divots, and valleys when i TRY to shade... I've only ever done C/O patterns, but have dabbled with trying to shade before plunging all the way through, just to get a feel for it, and hopefully hone the skill, but well done shading still eludes me... le sigh

Do you use a larger bit? I've tried using a larger tile cutting bit that's not exactly fluted like a standard bit for shaded areas.
By Doh
I don't use the bit to shade per say. I just outline and segment the area. I then use homemade chisels made from screwdrivers to do the shading. I have a bad video showing the technique but it will film a better one next week.
I'm so jealous. I'd love to be able to do something that intricate and detailed, but I don't think I have the patience or skill. Those foam pumpkins blow me away!