Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
It's so inspiring to see these early carves! :surprised: You just keep getting better and better. The shading gradients are so smooth. You captured great likenesses too. I gotta say the Uncle Fester is my personal favorite. Some might think that one isn't as detailed, because it doesn't have as many tiny lines. But you smoothly shaved the pumpkin over so much surface area. No small feat!
Jackoman liked this
By Jackoman
Thank you sir, I'm still learning and doing stupid mistakes and getting on my own nerves haha. I have a lot more to go on technique and trying different things but it's tough as I don't use a dremel. I got many more to come can't wait to share. Thanks for the kind words.
By Jackoman
thank you sir! I still have 13 more pumpkins to mess with, 8 of them are weird Michaels bad batch harder foam pumpkins that are a pain to work with, but I'm going to try and top these. That Dr. Strange looks killer in person. I have them all on the floor in a room and might Ebay all of them I live in a Halloween dead zone so I can't show them so selling them might be it.
By Raven
I don't have the words to describe how incredible these are!! Amazing!!!
By Jackoman
jo3y3dwards wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 pm
Damn! These are truly stunning, i'm floored! Way to set the bar! Are all of these just using Michael's?
Hey Joey! I've been a fan of your work for sometime now. Thanks for the compliments and yes they are all Michaels brand. I've had some left over from years back and purchased 20 last year that are a pain to work on some are hard foam and some are gummy with tons of air bubbles in the worst places, but I had someone tell me that's the gem of working on these mediums. I have some more I'm finishing up If I can ever get to them. Your kins are awesome too. I've been wanting to do the night king for so long but you beat me to it. :fangs: Cheers!
jo3y3dwards liked this
By jo3y3dwards
Thanks for the kind words. These are truly, truly stunning! Seriously. Pumpkin goals- especially that Fester. I'm floored.
I swapped to Fukins a few years ago due to the quality issues with The Michael's brand, but even those have bad pumpkins in the mix from time to time. Worse than air bubbles is the weird plaster coating they seem top toss about haphazardly across the surface on occasion. Certainly makes it difficult to make even gradations and can dull your dremel bits. In the end you work with what you got and often that challenges you to think on your feet and be adaptive to circumstance. But that's just fancy talk for mess with it until it looks pretty :razz:

Do you have a website or an Instagram with more of your work? I have so many questions!
By Jackoman
Yeah that plaster drives me nuts. I have most of my stuff on here and a lot lost on an old drive I had, but they were mostly real pumpkins, the only one I regret losing is a Bob Ross one I did and yet to try it on a gemmy. My Instagram is my name Andres Boschini and I haven't posted anything new just the same in this thread. But I have lots more coming. Have you ever seen Dan Z's pumpkins?
jo3y3dwards liked this
Haha there's no bar, everyone's got there own style. 👍I'm just lucky to have time to waste on these things they sure do take away from other duties. My main tool is xacto but I swear by Olfa blades they're expensive and I burn through them but I can't go back to anything else.for shading there's a variety of methods but I'll never reveal mine lol I racked my brain for months trying different things and I'm still trying .Google Dan szczepanski He was killing it 10 years ago.. But patterns are everything always start with a good one and you can't go wrong.