Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
After missing Halloween last year due to medical reasons I was happy to be back this year and determined to put on a good show for Halloween 2019. Had a wonderful but tiring night; received plenty of praise but one comment stuck in my head "It's just like Halloween in the movies" and that's the look I've always aimed for so I was really pleased with that :jack_o_lantern:

These are a few pictures of the carvings and Halloween night. I only carved 6 this year and to be honest I think it's a number I'll try to stick to in future, it felt good carving them & not to be carving flat out as I normally do. It a good balance for me :smile:

Starting with the group shot of all the carves:

On the Until Death Do Us part carving the portraits of the Marrow's was reduced to 40%, smallest carve I've ever done.

And this was the garden all decorated and lit up for Halloween night, I perhaps enjoyed using the smoke machine too much :grin:

And a video tour if you hadn't already seen enough;

And that's Halloween 2019 over with and I'm missing it already :jack_o_lantern: I had a brilliant night, so many trick or treaters and all were polite and full of praise; some of the kids who saw me out & about the weekend post Halloween were shouting trick or treat at me :lol: I think the Halloween reputation is starting to stick :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

So yeah a good night was had by all and I hope you all had an equally wonderful Halloween, shall we do it again next year? Or is that a stupid question? :thumbsup:

Thanks for stopping by :jack_o_lantern:
amandap80 liked this
So glad to see another old face around. They look awesome as usual always look forward to your display. Love it all but the until Death do us part pumpkin is awesome. :thumbsup: . My #s carved was also down I only did 8 and may even bring that down to 6. I envy your display there was so much wind and rain here it would have all blown away I didnt even put my pumpkins out. Great show all around. I would yell "trick or treat" at you if I ever seen you even if it was Christmas. :jack_o_lantern:
S.A.M liked this
Ajax wrote:So glad to see another old face around. They look awesome as usual always look forward to your display. Love it all but the until Death do us part pumpkin is awesome. :thumbsup: . My #s carved was also down I only did 8 and may even bring that down to 6. I envy your display there was so much wind and rain here it would have all blown away I didnt even put my pumpkins out. Great show all around. I would yell "trick or treat" at you if I ever seen you even if it was Christmas. :jack_o_lantern:
Ahh thanks man, so very kind of you to reply :smile: Yeah I think when it comes to carving and decorating you need to do what you can handle. I've found myself getting annoyed and feeling trapped by carving too many pumpkins, as much as I love it after a while it does stop being fun. I also found that there is only so much any visitors can take in so one display of pumpkins seems to be enough for my garden.

I'm hoping the trick or treat yells will have died down now :lol: But you'd be more than welcome to shout it at me if you saw me :fangs: