Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By chuckwagon
Had a little carving get-together last night with a couple of close friends. Still in my yearly quest to carve all the "Grinning Jacks" in the ZP! catalog, I did Morty, Horton, and a sized down version of Jasper that I think turned out to be just adorable... And of course, I HAD to carve One Eyed Willy this year!! Also, I'd like to point out how incredibly difficult it is to carve a black pumpkin, in less than ideal lighting after you only used a ball point pen to trace the pattern on. That's why Morty looks a little less than smooth.

Because these friends of mine are in the local chapter of the Metallica Fan Club, and we've travelled to shows together, and are generally a "family" of fans, I brought my James Hetfield carve (pattern I got from Stoneykins, if I remember correctly), and my Cliff Burton carve (design I made based on the memorial plaque in Sweden) for a few extra photos that we put on our chapters instagram page, Creeping Carolinas, cleverly staged with a Blackened Whiskey bottle illuminated with a purple glow stick from behind.

Bravo020, shutterbug, Nick Miller and 2 others liked this
Hey Chuck, it's nice to see you're still plugging away with the carves, adding to your collection of foam pumpkins. And it's also cool that you have a family of friends, bound by Metallica fandom.

Sorry I don't have any patterns for the band yet, but I'm happy that you found a detailed ZP pattern that spoke to you, in the form of One-Eyed Willy. He was a favorite design of mine, and apparently many other people too. One of the top 5 designs for this year!