Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And you even did Frankie Stein. Truth be told, I was tempted to carve her this year too. But I figure I've already received enough teasing for admitting that I own the doll.

Action Figure!!!! It's an action figure! :D

Anyway, getting back on topic, The Thing is a really fun carve IMO, alot of patience required too. I see lots of cleanly cut lines. Great props as well.

Great way to finish off 2011!
By Ajax
Hopefully I start a trend of more Encore carves for anyone with kins left.That was my last one for sure. I know Ryan usually does a Thanksgiving Carve I always look forward to, but i'd love to see some Grinches nearer to Christmas. I was tempted to carve Lovecraft because I haven't seen him carved yet, but I didn't have the pattern upsized and it was quite a big kin. It was a great year and I'm pretty happy with my results this year. I feel that everyone has really done just fantastic and it's amazing that the standard amount of kins carved per person isn't one or two, but 15-30. The rope light is just one of my many after halloween %75-%80 off purchases this year. I am fully loaded with props and ideas for next year. Only 360 days to go :twisted: ! Guess it's time to start Christmas shopping and get excited for that, but halloween is really my favorite holiday. Here's everything from 2011 I did 36 pumpkins this year :D .

Last edited by Ajax on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
SuperSonic wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And you even did Frankie Stein. Truth be told, I was tempted to carve her this year too. But I figure I've already received enough teasing for admitting that I own the doll.

Action Figure!!!! It's an action figure! :D
We now have this particular action figure in our house too.....after all that teasing too.

Ajax - For me one of the highlights of the year has been the change in the way people photograph their carvings.

Done by Ryan initially, year on year, it is a trend that you have reignited amongst the minions and that is something you should take huge credit for. Your pictures have been brilliant and lots of others have followed your lead. Other minions have become more creative with their pictures and it is reflected hugely in the end results. The gallery this year will be superb.

It shows that you don't need an expensive camera just a bit of patience and a bit of thought applied can produce a stunning collection of photographs. With a bit of luck, people will start posting more simple effects ideas such as the LED swirling - things that most of us are capable and we can up our game once more. The one thing that I really like about this forum is that everyone appears to be genuinely supportive and appreciative of everybody else's efforts. I truly love that.
By ghostface
That's an awesome pic & carve! I love The Thing pattern!