Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Beast75
2 Varieties this year. Im going for the Jack o Lantern and the Full moon. I read that the Jack O' were the best for carving :D :D :D size wise. And the Full moon are white.

Its a change of species for me as ive stuck with the same type and re used the seeds, hopefully i will get some nice results from these.
Good luck with your pumpkins Beast. I wish I could grow them, but do not think I would have the yard space.
By Beast75
The kins are growing nicely and the recent good weather has done wonders. All planted out in the patch and I've decided to use a "special ingredient" to the soil that a champion marrow grower told my father about. So hopefully ill have some monster zombies to carve. Got 11 plants in for this technique. Ill post some pics tomorrow. :D
By monstermash
I look forward to some pics. I thought i'd have better luck with peas this year Beast so i'll leave the kins to you. Secret ingredient you say? I hope your not planning on getting those pumpkins drunk?!?! :wink:
By Beast75
Lol no Alcohol was involved. Well all the Jack o Lantern variety are going great. Unfortunately only one of the Full Moon variety germinated but that one is going great too. I will post some pics soon.
By amandap80
Excited to see these, I did not have much luck with my patch this year, perhaps next year!
By Beast75
Well i took these pics over a week ago. The nice weather has at least doubled their size already so i will take more pics of the progress.

I will only put 2 pics up for now due to how much they have changed. Ill take better pics this weekend.. :D

Didnt realise the second pic was so blurred.. :(
By Beast75
Another quick update. these are only a few of my plants as the others are in a peculiar place and dont take good pics. As you can see they have gone crazy over the last two weeks. Im going to have to trim some vines so they can concentrate on growing the 'kins i leave on.

By monstermash
They're coming on nicely Beast. At least they are getting a bit of good weather to start off with this year. Hopefully much of the same will continue and we'll all have monsters to carve come October. How many would you say you've got growing then?