Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Raven
The local news here is calling these pumpkins "knuckle heads". Apparently these pumpkins are injected with a virus to make them grow these "warts" all over them. They seem to be popular around here. I think they would look pretty neat with a witch carved on them or even zombie, although they might make carving a bit harder.

They are also drinking "orange hot chocolate" which the anchor says tastes like a creamsicle. I want to try!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those look pretty gross and awesome. The Zombie Pumpkins would be proud!
By nosferatu
Are you likely to catch a "pumpkin transmitted disease" handling them? :shock:

Send them to the clinic and advise them to wear protection next time. :shock:

They are disgusting!
By SaneInsideInsanity
i've see decorative squashes like this infact i have a bolw full of them on my table....i havnt seen the pumpkins here yet though
By CorpseBride
Those are kick ass! I want a disease infested pumpkin....mommy mommy...can i have one...can i? can i?
By Dredge
I was looking for a warty pumpkin the other night at walmart, with no luck. I was hoping to make a zombie pumpkin. I could never find one though. So did you buy some?
By Sind3315
When I went to buy my fresh pumpkins a few weeks back the place I stopped at had about 10 "warty" pumpkins. But these were way worse then those pictured above. It was like a crust of warts all over the pumpkin. Didn't look appealing to me but now I wish I had taken a picture....

:x
By 2manyferrets
This is my warty pumpkin. I buy one every year. although I never thought of carving it.....

By GUS
...Also available as a funkin!
By blueikaos
this is how a lot of the ones in the patch we went to looked like.

:shock:

First time I had seen anything like it....I didnt care for them...
By Carving Queen
2manyferrets wrote:This is my warty pumpkin. I buy one every year. although I never thought of carving it.....

I think it would be hard to transfer the patterns onto the bumpy surface...unless there was a smooth-ish side and the warts could just be "decorations" around the carving...
Hmmm, now I want a warty pumpkin!
By SaneInsideInsanity
using the grinning jacks would be good
By stormqueen29
Last year these were ALL OVER here. One pumpkin stand had nothing but these, it was pitiful.

I was there to buy other stuff, they sell produce mainly, and there was this sad looking couple trying to find a decently carveable pumkin and there just weren't any.

She was about to cry, he was trying so hard to convince her if they just looked "one more time" they might find one that had a smooth-ish side.

I made my purchases and went out right past them. She was so upset, I heard her mumble something to the effect of having been to every store in the area and since it was the day before Halloween there were no decent pumpkins left to be found and what about the poor kids coming to their party with no carved jacks waiting for them.

I felt so bad. So I leaned in ever so slightly and mumbed to her, "I don't want to be rude to these people, but a good friend of mine who owns a pumpkin farm just loaded me up with some sweet jacks, want a couple?"

She looked at me rather like I was wearing a hockey mask, but he mumbled back, "Can we see them?"

I looked around furtively, like a drug dealer looking for cops and muttered, "Meet me across the street at the Wal-Mart."

I then got in my van and left.

Sure enough only a few minutes later they pull up and get out, looking nervously around, for a sniper I guess. I open up both of my side doors and the trunk hatch, and her mouth just fell open.

Inside I had about 30 of the biggest, sweetest perfectly shaped jacks in town. They start climbing and crawling around, ooohing and ahhhing. It was so funny!

After they had picked out about 8 I think, they suddenly remembered I had not said how much I wanted for them. They got all nervous again, and asked how much for two or three big ones.

I shrugged and said, how about $5.00 each? The nasty warted ones at the produce stand were twice that and not even a quarter of the size of mine. I thought she was going to wet herself she got so excited.

In the end they took 6 of my biggest kins, told me I was just the sweetest person EVER. Paid and left happy as clams. I figured it was none of their business I got em for free and had twice that many at home already!

gale
By mudd
i think stormqueen deserves some sort of ribbon or cert. would this qualify for the minion thingy?
By CombichristGirl
stormqueen29 wrote:Last year these were ALL OVER here. One pumpkin stand had nothing but these, it was pitiful.

I was there to buy other stuff, they sell produce mainly, and there was this sad looking couple trying to find a decently carveable pumkin and there just weren't any.

She was about to cry, he was trying so hard to convince her if they just looked "one more time" they might find one that had a smooth-ish side.

I made my purchases and went out right past them. She was so upset, I heard her mumble something to the effect of having been to every store in the area and since it was the day before Halloween there were no decent pumpkins left to be found and what about the poor kids coming to their party with no carved jacks waiting for them.

I felt so bad. So I leaned in ever so slightly and mumbed to her, "I don't want to be rude to these people, but a good friend of mine who owns a pumpkin farm just loaded me up with some sweet jacks, want a couple?"

She looked at me rather like I was wearing a hockey mask, but he mumbled back, "Can we see them?"

I looked around furtively, like a drug dealer looking for cops and muttered, "Meet me across the street at the Wal-Mart."

I then got in my van and left.

Sure enough only a few minutes later they pull up and get out, looking nervously around, for a sniper I guess. I open up both of my side doors and the trunk hatch, and her mouth just fell open.

Inside I had about 30 of the biggest, sweetest perfectly shaped jacks in town. They start climbing and crawling around, ooohing and ahhhing. It was so funny!

After they had picked out about 8 I think, they suddenly remembered I had not said how much I wanted for them. They got all nervous again, and asked how much for two or three big ones.

I shrugged and said, how about $5.00 each? The nasty warted ones at the produce stand were twice that and not even a quarter of the size of mine. I thought she was going to wet herself she got so excited.

In the end they took 6 of my biggest kins, told me I was just the sweetest person EVER. Paid and left happy as clams. I figured it was none of their business I got em for free and had twice that many at home already!

gale
that is an awesome story i laughed quite a few times lol :lol: