Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By portercat
Food network Canada has a show called Pitchin' In. One of the episodes this week features pumpkins (no pie). If you miss it tonight, episodes are usually repeated later in the week. Not sure if Americans will be able to catch the episode.
By staticfurball
thers always youtube! yay!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Anyone seen this? What sort of pumpkin related content is featured in this show?

Okay, I looked it up... "Most people think a pumpkin is a pumpkin and enjoy them on holidays. But in rural Illinois, they grow more than 50 varieties and Chef Lynn is anxious to showcase them in every course of her dinner."

Also... welcome, portercat. But only one post so far? Do you work for the Food Network Canada marketing department? :lol:
By portercat
Sorry to disappoint Ryan, no Food Network Conspiracy here (but it was a good way to draw me into posting more). I am a technical design and electronics high school teacher. Since I discovered ZP in 2009 I have always been a monster harvest subscriber to the site. I follow the forum to see what is trending in terms of new patterns and pumpkin/Halloween products. I tend to be a quiet person and that is reflected in my lack of participation on the forum (any forum). Perhaps I will post a bit more in the future. :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
portercat - Ah! Very cool. Now I see, you are indeed a long time member. My records show that you've been a monster minion since 2008 in fact. Well thank you so much for that long time support of ZP! I really appreciate that.

And I'm glad that something spurred you to post on the forum. I realize a lot of people just like to read, and not participate too much. But we're glad to have you, so feel free to post more if a topic catches your interest. Especially when conversations start to pick up in the late summer and fall.

You could also introduce yourself in the Personal Introductions & Updates area. But if you prefer to just lurk, that's fine too. :)