Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By MooBoo
Ooh i'm going to check out asda! Not sure if it has already been mentioned but tesco had some decent sized ones, although one i got looks like a vampire had a go at it. :lol:

By zombombie
Made it to a bigger Asda today with a friend so picked up 4 decent sized 'kins. Got 11 sitting now, aching to brought carved... hope to keep most of them until November 3rd for my party, but I'll need to carve on before then, just to stay well practiced you understand :wink:
By monstermash
Its good to know most Brits are getting a few kins. Any luck yet Matspud??

One of my kins has a slightly soggy top. Ive done my usual steps to slow the rotting process so hopefully he will last until next Thursday. That's when i'll start carving. Ive not picked my patterns yet, i'm waiting to see what comes up between now and then, hopefully a few more VIP patterns.
By Raven
I love you all in the UK, really I do, and I'm sorry to hear pumpkins are so hard to get over there. I thought of all of you today as I was driving to the store and passed this. I had to stop of course and pick up a few things..

In the back were boxes and boxes full of pumpkins.

And I HAD to get this one because it was pretty.

Kindly let me know if you can't see the pictures, I'm not sure about the whole server thing now here and if my pictures will show up for everyone still.
By nosferatu
Ravens you are such a minx! Love those pics but that last one is my favourite. That pumpkin is beautiful in its own right. It doesn't need to be carved.

There are so many different varieties too. We have one - standard Pantone orange, size of a deflated basketball
By MooBoo
So very jealous! And that last pumpkin is really pretty! :D
By matspud
You can go off people RD :lol: :lol: :lol: . Those look great. I hit our local patch yesterday again yesterday - they have harvested (and most likely hidden ) the best and what I got was ok but not great. The place is littered with beautiful but rotting kins and tiny ones still on the stems. They had to bring some in from England this year and the ones they sent are pretty standard tesco large size, orange and round :? SO far my biggest is a Tesco Giant. (£3)
By nikki7591
uk shoppers ..Morrisons have pumpkins in now, got 2 decent ones for £2 each ..heading up to a local patch this week though to see if they are any better for patterns :) ..happy shopping :D