Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By macntosh
So I want to put color on a carved portion of a foam pumpkin. I have seen it done on pumpkins in the past, but don't know how it was done. Any advice from anyone? I tried a marker but that is not working. Thinking next step, watered down acrylic paint, but I would love to know if anyone has made this work.
By sloaner
I have used spray paint. Worked okay I guess. I just finished one and will try and post a picture tonight.
By pagemaster1993
I thought about doing that to the Age Of The Zombie Pumpkins! pattern I planned on doing. That way it looks like the mascot on the main site.
By amandap80
I used acrylic craft paint, worked quite nicely. I have done this with the Michael's pumpkins, but not a Funkin. I think it should work pretty much the same though.
By chuckwagon
Are you putting color on the outside skin, or the inside? and how big of a portion are we talking about? I used spray paint a few times on the inside of my michaels gemmy's and the paint seems to stick pretty well. I used some duplicolor brand auto engine enamel that i got at the car parts store. if you are doing the exterior of the 'kin, you'll probably be better off with a brush and acrylics depending on how detailed you are needing it to be.
By macntosh
I was trying to color the carved portion of a design. Tried the permanent marker brush pin, but it didn't work. Too Dark. I'm thinking maybe watered down acrylic paint and brushed onto the shaved portion. We shall see :?