Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By zombombie
I received a very lovely thing in the ail today...

I ordered a commission from Thomas Boatwright, the same man that illustrated The Halloween Legion - I wrote about that here:

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... 21&t=10606

Well I asked him put 3 things together in an Autumnal scene: A jack o' lantern, The Halloween Legion, and Sam from Trick 'r Treat, and this is what arrived!

I am delighted with it! I love how it looks and love Sam trying to look innocent :D Can't wait to frame it and get it hung up!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You lucky man, I am envious. That's a beautiful piece of art! I'd gladly frame that for my walls. And totally unique and original for you personally.

zombombie, how much instruction did you give him, when requesting this commission? I'm wondering if you asked for the colors or pose or anything, or if you just mentioned the characters you wanted to see.

Great composition and style and tones. It screams autumn (and features Autumn... the cat). It's the meeting of characters from two different stories, but clearly they come from the same magical world. Wouldn't be surprised if they were neighbors with Jack Skellington too.

I haven't read The Halloween Legion, but I absolutely plan to. I'm assuming you must have liked the book(s), zombombie?

Hey, speaking of Skellington, I just ran into this piece Thomas Boatwright did of Jack and Zero meeting Victor and Sparky. How cool!

And here's a scan of the piece he did for you, which is so amazing.

By zombombie
The only instruction I gave was I wanted the piece to feel Autumnal, include those characters, and have a jack o'lantern in it! Still not framed it yet, but I plan to before Christmas :)

I really did enjoy The Halloween Legion and I completely agree that Jack must live near by! I think that Jack Skellington/Frankenweenie mash up may have been in the same "collection" of commissions as mine :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well it seems he nailed your suggestion, and then some. It's certainly autumnal. I love the color. Or lack of color, I should perhaps say. The Nightmare/Frankenweenie mashup does look similar in style, maybe he did them in the same session with the same watercolors. ;) I found those images on his Facebook page.
By ghostface
[quote="Zombie Pumpkins!"]Hey, speaking of Skellington, I just ran into this piece Thomas Boatwright did of Jack and Zero meeting Victor and Sparky. How cool!

Imagequote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: