Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Raven
Another Minion sent me this idea from Pinterest. If you are not on Pinterest, go sign up now and search for Halloween things. There is a TON of idea's. Anyway, I had the materials already to make these so I tried one out. I'm just going to link the original blog post so you can see theirs because I can't for the life of me take a cool picture of the finished product.

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2013/10/ma ... dlesticks/

The difference in mine from the original is I didn't have glass ornaments, but plastic non breakable ones (that sounds like a challenge!). I have them for a completely different project for Christmas I will hopefully be doing. I already had some of that overhead projector paper stuff (helps when your husband works at a University). The ornaments I have are a lot bigger than the ones in the original and I had to enlarge my skull. I also did not "smoke" the inside of my ornament since they are plastic. I figured (thankfully before I tried) that they would melt or something equally distressing would happen. The image is inside the ball which looks better in person. I don't even know why I'm posting these pictures, go look at the original link. :P

This is it resting on a tapered candle holder. It was a day of crafts so there is a lot of crap around it. You can kind of see, if you use your imagination, that they would look pretty cool and spooky with some candle light. If I had a fog machine I would probably put one in the middle of all that swirling fog. Anyway, there are much cooler pictures in the link and they provide the patterns to download although if I make more of these I think I will look for even creepier images.

By amandap80
I love those, I think I may give these a try myself!
By monstermash
Very nice. I've had the crafting bug over the last week and this has just added to it. I may have to try this or at least hash together something similar.
By vibhandaka
That looks awesome and once I read the directions, it doesn't look nearly as difficult as I had imagined. I wish I had more room, so I could make all the crafts I want!
By monstermash
vibhandaka wrote: I wish I had more room, so I could make all the crafts I want!
Amen to that. I never seem to have enough space.
By Raven
vibhandaka wrote:That looks awesome and once I read the directions, it doesn't look nearly as difficult as I had imagined. I wish I had more room, so I could make all the crafts I want!

There is never enough room. My entire guest bedroom is filled with my various crafting items. I go into a panic whenever someone is coming to stay overnight at my house.
By staticfurball
Thanks for the link Raven I'd LOVE to try this. I might be cool to use a drill to hollow out the base of the wooden candlestick so you can add a glow stick inside but out of view......
By Raven
staticfurball wrote:Thanks for the link Raven I'd LOVE to try this. I might be cool to use a drill to hollow out the base of the wooden candlestick so you can add a glow stick inside but out of view......
That is the most awesome idea I've ever heard!