Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Mister_JP
So my real job has its ups and downs. Coming into Halloween is, of course, one of the ups. I'm an in-store artist/sign printer/graphic designer for Whole Foods Market. Here is a pic of one of my chalkboards... you may recognize where I got the inspiration!

Below is a link to a set of pictures that I have done over the past year or so at my store. It's part of a much larger Flickr account for our company. If you want to waste a day looking at other artist's chalk work, that is a good place to do it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whole_food ... 457242815/
By CombichristGirl
wow that is so cool. excellent works. i wish i could do that lol . actually i like all of us wish we could carve pumpkins year round lol. still awesome:D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome, JP... this is a fun time of year for art. Do you think they'll have you doing more Halloweeny boards before the season is out? Milk it while you can! Before you know it, you'll be drawing bunnies for Easter promotions.

By the way, do you get your carving pumpkins from work (and do you get a discount). I see you also made some cool signs to for the pumpkins for sale.
By Mister_JP
You bet I will! I suppose I'll be putting a "Halloweeny" slant on pretty much every board that I can get away with. I'll also try to get progressively scarier until store leadership tells me I went too far!

If you looked at the photo set I posted, you will see a cute bunny drawing... sigh. I guess the Donny Darko rabbit for Easter would be somewhat inappropriate?

I will be getting most of my 'kins from work. We have really good looking ones this year. I do get a discount, 20% off retail, that makes the medium ones $2.40 a piece, and there are plenty of "large" pumpkins in the "medium" section. Of course, I already bought a bunch as soon as I saw the first "other" store with pumpkins.
Last edited by Mister_JP on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yeah, I see your bunny. Hey, we all have to do "cute" sometimes. I did an Easter Bunny carving and my Sweetheart Swans too. It's tough to inject spookiness during the non-autumn months, but we can try!
By Tkaraoke
"We got crabs!"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! That's some great work there, JP! Thanks for posting the link.
By jen d.
I love the Back to School RatFink drawing!! Nice!
By petal_pusher
Hey Mr. JP,

Your work is amazing. I was google searching autumn chalk board art because I am a manager at a chain of locally owned greenhouses and nurseries in Ontario, Canada. We make our own chalk board signs... it's definitely not in our budget to hire someone with your artist talents, we are no "whole foods".
How do you get those amazing colours? Is it chalk or a special kind of paint?
Any tips or tricks you could suggest would be greatly appreciated. Your work is inspiring, but trust me, we couldn't even come close to trying to steal your images.
Thank you in advance? :D