Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By purple1worm
It's going to be awesome. :D I can't wait to see it.
By Cheef
I normally dont get all goofy for disney. But Tim Burton, ow. This should be very interesting indeed.
By purple1worm
Burton is amazing! That is definately a Theater movie.
By nosferatu
I agree. I love Burton films and the Johnny Depp Helena Bonham Carter connection. I liked the look and the feel of Sweeney Todd but thought it was ruined by being a musical, even though that is what it was based on. The insensity of JD and HBC was spellbinding. However, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was disappointing. Although the look of the film and the cast were superior to the original, for me Gene Wilder will always be Willy Wonka. From the moment he hobbles out of the factory and forward rolls he had me captivated. Alice in Wonderland gives Burton far more scope to unleash his talents and hopefully make it more than a little sinister
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I totally agree, nosferatu. Some Burton films are better than others (some are regarded as outright flops). And when he does a remake of something that already exists, he has the added challenge of overcoming the comparisons.

But whether or not the overall film suits the viewers tastes, you have to admit he always has quite a vision. The style and design of all of his movies appeal to me, and are certainly ripe for pumpkin pattern inspiration. And Alice In Wonderland seems particularly so.
By nosferatu
I totally agree. The on screen miasma that he creates is unrivalled and the performances that he draws out of his cast are equally phenomenal.

Interestingly, Roald Dahl didn't approve of the first Charlie film and I think the remake would have been much more to his mischievous liking.

I am really looking forward to Alice - this is the film he was born to direct and I think it will be worth waiting for another year. The great thing for us minions is that there will be a plethora of charachters from which you will be able to unleash untold numbers of pumpkin designs. So much so that I can envisage that the Burton's Nightmares section will need to be subdivided.
By nosferatu
If I wore a hat Buhdewsy, I would certainly doth it in your direction. Ahead of the game as ever, great find.

Helena Bonham Carter looks like Elizabeth I! Still not keen on that Mad Hatter costume though.

Still it says "Watch me".
By CombichristGirl
:o god this is gonna be amazing! i can't wait! do we get some patterns? wink wink hint hint nudge nudge
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The excitement builds... :D

As expected, these characters are more than ripe for pumpkin conversion. In fact, I've already been getting emails from people begging for them. So if you're one of those people, you can thank buhdewsy for bringing the images to my attention first. They'll be sure to provide inspiration for the "Burton's Nightmare" category.
By GUS
just saw some good shots of JD, HBC, matt lucas (tweedle dum & dee) in the on-line daily mail..
WOW
By Mistress_of_Halloween
vibhandaka wrote:Super excited!!!

I love anything with Johnny Depp, but add Alan Rickman and I'm in heaven!!!
I have to agree 100%...Johnny Depp is probably the best character actor of our generation and I love everything Alan Rickman has ever done!!

Add in the twisted genious of Tim Burton and this will be an absolutely awesome movie.
By CombichristGirl
zombiepumpkins wrote:The excitement builds... :D

As expected, these characters are more than ripe for pumpkin conversion. In fact, I've already been getting emails from people begging for them. So if you're one of those people, you can thank buhdewsy for bringing the images to my attention first. They'll be sure to provide inspiration for the "Burton's Nightmare" category.
oh oh ....time one of stewies sexy parties!
By Kittie
This is just so cool. I absolutely can't wait!