Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By wookie66
This movie has about 5 or 6 little short movies in the movie. This group of guys break into a house looking for a certain vhs tape and some of them start watching these tapes. Some of the short movies are creepy and packed full of blood and some of the others are kinda like paranormal activity. The whole movie is shot with handheld cameras so some parts are quite shaky. I give this movie 4 zombie pumpkins out of a possible 5.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've heard mixed reviews about this one. For some people, the "found footage" style is kinda played out by now. Some say that the "anthology" format used here is only to show a bunch of shorts that don't really have any narrative to care about. Just an excuse to show some creepy effects. That said, I hear some of those creepy ideas are very unique and effective. So I'll probably give it a chance someday.
By chuckwagon
I'm actually a big fan of the "found footage" style of movies. I think it gives more of a believable feel to the experience. Of course, the biggest and probably most popular of these films in recent history has to be 'The Blair Witch Project'. I think the promotions leading up to the films release had more of an impact than the actual film, but that's just part of the realness of the whole idea of actually finding lost footage and turning it into a feature length film. And how smart were they to make the sequel an entirely different plot by trying to prove the truth or falsehood to the original movie?? There really was no big amount of blood or gore in either, and everything was centered around the CREEP factor to scare the audience. I personally think that's what true horror movies should be about. Less senseless blood and violence for the sake of labeling it 'horror', and more edge of your seat suspense and creepiness! I was an eagle scout, and after TBWP I didn't go camping or hiking for months!
By Hottie McNaughty
I like the POV style of camera work but it's been done a lot, sometimes better than others. I've liked the Paranormal Activity series (the first one scared the crap out of me), I *really* liked REC, The Blair Witch Project was fun and a great debut to the genre and Cloverfield is a favorite of mine. I know some people don't like it because it tends to make them motion sick but that's not an issue for me.
By Raven
When The Blair Witch Project came out I went to see it in the theater. I started feeling sick and thought it was because I ate too much popcorn or something, but I'm pretty sure now it was the motion. It hasn't happened with any of the other films shot that way, but I don't think I've gone to the theater to see many of them since.

I rather liked V/H/S. I thought it started out slow and I wasn't impressed with the acting but once they started into the short stories I got into it. Nowhere near Trick 'r Treat, but pretty good. I think I would give it 3.5 ZPs.
By zombombie
I finally got round to watching this at the weekend! I actually quite enjoyed it! I liked that there were several shorts, touching on the supernatural to the evil in humanity. Some good creepy moments too.

I often think that the "found footage" format of movie making is done, but as long as it can keep coming up with new and inventive ways to scare, then I'm in :)

VHS 2 is already out I think...
By keifferone
I like this movie too. the first and last stories are the best. I haven't picked up part two yet. The first one after watching it I kept saying, in my creepiest voice, "I like you". :lol: