Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
Wow, and I honestly thought I might have been the only person who ever liked Halloween III! I just watched Nightmare Before Christmas and Shaun of the Dead this weekend. It won't be too long until there's a lot more on TV.
Well I went ahead and started watching movies. Watched Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein this week and plan to watch the Son of Frankenstein tonight. Hope I can get the final 2 movies in this weekend between all the football.
Kicked off my Halloween Season to-watch list yesterday with The Lords of Salem! Fan-freaking-tastic. I absolutely loved it. This and The Devil's Rejects are now my two favorite Rob Zombie films. Which is why I REALLY hope a Heidi Hawthone pattern gets added to the site this year. :) Haven't decided on what I am watching tonight.. Hmmmm..
Last edited by ghostface on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostface wrote:Kicked off my Halloween Season to-watch list yesterday with The Lords of Salem! Fan-freaking-tastic. I absolutely loved it. This and The Devil's Rejects are now my two favorite Rob Zombie films. Which is why I REALLY hope a Heidi Hawthone pattern gets added to the site this year. :) Haven't decided on what I am watching tonight.. Hmmmm..
Glad to hear you liked Lords of Salem Ghostface! I ordered my copy yesterday, looking forward to watching it, hopefully, this weekend!
zombombie wrote:Why did no one warn me of how bad Friday the 13th part VIII is?!
Bad in a good way or bad in a bad way? Normally, by the time any franchise hits four or above its normally exhausted itself. I haven't seen past 4!
zombombie wrote:Why did no one warn me of how bad Friday the 13th part VIII is?!
You mean "Jason Takes a Boat... (and then Manhattan for a couple minutes)"?

Certainly not the height of the series, but have you seen the one after that? "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday" is easily my least favorite. An insult to the franchise that barely even features Jason.
I haven't seen any Friday the 13th films. Not one. :oops:

As for my halloween season to-watch list I would include:
The Wicker Man
The Shining
Misery
The Innocents
Cabin In The Woods
The Skeleton Key
Rosemary's Baby
The Crazies
The Others
Sleepy Hollow
Scanners
House of 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
Trick R Treat
Piranha
Psycho
Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2
Quatermass and the Pitt
Basket Case
Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead
Nightmare before Christmas
The list goes on depending on if theres any good horrors I haven't seen on tv or if I treat myself to some new dvds over the season. I'll watch these more frequently than usual over the whole of September and October into November.
So far ive watched the majority of what was new to Film 4's Frightfest season, Frankenstein, The Exorcist, The Sixth Sense, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2, The Conjuring, The Worlds End, Stakeland, and The Quatermass X-periment. Phew!
That's one helluva start MM!

As far as Friday the 13th goes, I really like the series, but I think you could get away with watching the original (which is a classic) and the remake (which is pretty much the first 3 movies in one). I really liked the remake and plan on watching it next Friday.... :twisted:
As far as just what comes up on t.v. in the last few weeks I've seen:

Shaun of the Dead (watching as I type this)
The Messengers
The Shining
The Skeleton Key
I Know What You Did Last Summer
The Apparition
Dead Silence
Darkness Falls
May

And I hate to admit it, but the other day my husband and I watched Sharknado, which is billed as a horror movie! We also watched Dinoshark and Sharktopus, even though we didn't finish that one. Sadly, we missed Ghostshark.

I went to the theater and saw The Conjuring.

I have The Lords of Salem waiting to watch and I will the next time I have time, which should be shortly.

I think I'm doing pretty good so far. :)