Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Just out on the 13th here but has anyone seen this yet? Thoughts?
I was toying with the idea of seeing it later today but the reviews have put me right off. I enjoyed the first one thoroughly but I can imagine like many sequels this will be sub par so the first one being good does not automatically make me want to see the second one. I don't know maybe I should just wait till its out on dvd but I wanted to go and see something spooky and ive missed the boat for You're Next.
By Ajax
I really liked it. It was alot like a ramped of version of the last half of the 1st one. Alot of explanation and shock scares as opposed to the slow build that made the first hour or so of the first one so memorable. It's a really great movie though and is a great continuation of the first one. It explains the first one very well and is just a fun movie all around. I just really love the team that is making these movies and want to support them. The make up, effects etc are all excellent and as far as I know little to no CGI has been used which is awesome.

I also seen the conjuring recently which many say is superior but i enjoyed them both about the same for different reasons. The conjuring was more of a serious take on demons and the paranormal where insidious 2 kind of has alot of fun with it and doesnt take it so seriously. Nightmare factor the conjuring will stay with you longer but insidious 2 will make you jump more. Both great movies by a great team. That being said most of what i've been reading in the reviews online is accurate so if that deters you i wouldn't go. If your a horror fan like me during halloween season this is a must see with nothing else really horror related coming until Carrie that I know of.
By monstermash
I didn't go in the end but I might still see it if I find the time. I was worried that it would be exactly like you said: "A ramped up version of the last half of the first one." Not that that would make it terrible its just I think what I liked about the first one the most was the slow burn and lack of scares just to scare. If I see this one I will just go in expecting a few scares and maybe even a few laughs and I think that way i'll enjoy it.
By staticfurball
I would like to see this one too. the end of the first one just made me yell "nooooo! @#$%& you!" feel like I have to see the next one. The conjuring looks good to cant wait to see that one as well. on my list of to see are Sinister and Shelter. any opinions on those?