Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
I did read something about this ages ago but like you i'm not really sure if I want to bother with it. I don't think anyone could pull off Sissy Spacek's scary stare and scarier mother or why anyone would want to for that matter. I'll most likey stick with the original but you never know, we might here good things.
By alyssaSF
I agree with you guys about this one-I'm feeling hesitant. I like Chloe Grace Moretz and I think she will do a fine job, but I think Julianne Moore has some big shoes to fill by playing the mother. I'm just not sure if she can pull off that kind of role. :?
By Raven
I actually think Julianne Moore can pull off the roll of the mother. I just watched "What Maisie Knew" and she played a messed up mom in that one, although not the same kind of messed up, but did a really good job. I am not sure Chloë Grace Moretz is going to be able to come across as the outcast that Sissy Spacek portrayed so well.

There are very few remakes that I feel do the original justice, but I will give this one a chance when it comes out on DVD.
By chuckwagon
I'm too curious to not watch this one. Carrie 2 "The Rage" was basically the same exact script, but I enjoyed it anyway because I wanted to marry Emily Bergl when I watched that! I just hope that the director doesn't take to many artistic liberties and at least stays true to the original in some shape or form. It looks like it's supposed to be an updated version too. The only thing I didn't like from the trailer was the missing southern accent when she says "Mama"... Something about the way Sissy Spacek talked to her mother in general. I didn't feel that vibe in the trailer.
By pagemaster1993
Just a brief history. This will be the fourth rendition of Carrie. The first starring Sissy, the second The Rage: Carrie 2 a sequel(haven't seen), the third being a t.v. movie by the same name in 2002(haven't seen), and finally this new 2013 remake(personally have no little interest in seeing).

I can't say I really liked Carrie(Sissy), and have yet to read the book. I'm not saying it was bad, but I wouldn't place it high on my top favorite Stephen King Book to Movie adaptations. I don't know why I don't care for it much. It told a great story, and had good characters. Maybe since my mind isn't too adult yet, and some scenes freaked me out a bit.