Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Anyone heard of this? Australian made horror coming out sometime near Halloween this year. Its been getting some good reviews so far and the trailer looks promising and pretty creepy. I would link the trailer but i'm useless with these computer things. :?
Rotten Tomatoes mini review says: The Babadook relies on real horror rather than cheap jump scares -- and boasts a heartfelt, genuinely moving story to boot.
By monstermash
I hope you two enjoy yourselves. It's not out at my local cinema till the 31st but I still want to go and see it. I can't pass up a new horror with a 95% rating on rotten toms.
By nosferatu
This film received a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and was amongst their top four films of that year. I'd quite like to see it, if zombombie and monstermash are recommending it then it should be good. There is quite a lot of psychoanalysis of the themes, my wife is a psychologist and so that in depth, take all the fun out of it side interests her. Me? I'm just interested in wether I need to wear brown trousers watching it.
By Raven
I'll chime in on this one. I didn't care for it. I seriously wanted the main characters to get killed almost right away. For me, it had a lot of promise, and I just kept waiting for it to get good, but it never did. I'm not sure there is anyone else that didn't like it, but that's alright.
By monstermash
While I did enjoy it I do totally get where you're coming from Raven, didn't much care for the main characters either. I'd have to watch it again but if I remember rightly the mum was a bit of cow. I wasn't blown away. Old Babadook himself was creepy though.
By Zee
Finally watched this movie... and I regret it. I thought it was terrible. Soooo slow moving and, like Raven said, I found the main characters really unlikable. :thumbsdown:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sadly The Babadook didn't live up to the massive hype I had heard. The themes of grief and mental instability had much potential, especially combined with such crafty creature effects. If only the characters were more likable and the meaning more clear.