Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I don't think I ever posted these before, did I? I had fun decorating with the theme for our showing of The Dark Knight. I made a "Gotham Times" newspaper flier to promote it and Harvey Dent campaign stickers.

Oh, and a bat signal shining on the ceiling, of course.

By GUS
Ryan, I don't know what size backyard you have, however constructing a basic outdoor screen using plumbing type plastic pipes seems to get a good taut screen if you intend on guerilla yard soiree's ?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've considered outdoor screenings, that would be fun in the summer. If I come up with anything, I'll post info and photos of the setup.
By GUS
the JBL computer speakers (I love the style) ..Animal 2 (I think) looks like a white stormtroopers helmet Is what I use when trundling my projector round for sound, works really well & takes 10 seconds to hook up, good bass, though try to set it up on a slab of stone or solid tile.
the xbox , projector & other related gubbins fit altogether nicely in an old wheelie case.
I'll see If I can find the link..
By nosferatu
Fabulous. Love the newspaper.

If the Dark Knight had followed recent events in British Politics, Batman and The Joker would have formed a coalition.

Admittedly, it wouldn't have been much of a film ( although Harvey Dent / Two Face would have fitted in beautifully,) just like it isn't much of a government.

Likewise, had your newspaper been British then Batman would have been considered evil, ineffectual, past his prime and no good for Gotham City.
By GUS
Actually ryan, heres a thought, those trampolines they get for kids...

plenty of old & knackered ones, point is the uprights are VERY strong (usually galvanized steel) with a bit of alteration you dould make somevery effective uprights (pref semi permanant location eg yard) & string your screen between them.
By SuperSonic
Can you send me a marshmallow bag with that on it :D
By pvdrivein
The other site including the drive in movies .com site you refer to earlier in the thread is run by an individual who does not represent the theatre and has actually held our domain name hostage for years. At any time he could turn on us and post content on the site that is inaccurate or hurtful to our business. I guess it is part of the pitfalls of being too slow to getting online and securing our website properties. Things are tough as it is just trying to secure our space on the web and pay off this new projector that we cannot afford to sue to get the other domain back.

To validate everything said you can look to dmoz and the local papers like the Register, sites like cinimeatreasures.org, driven-ins.com etc have all changed their sites for us to link to the right site and no longer reference the other one to help ensure there is no confusion for our audience if they find a site in search that links back to us. I am reaching out to ALL sites that back link to us to explain and get things changed. It is taking some time to get it done, but it is the most economical way to address this issue at the moment. We are just trying to keep our head above water and keep the drive-in open.

Our official web properties are the following.

http://www.pleasantvalleydriveinmovies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pleasantvalleydrivein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/pvdrivein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pvdrivein - I updated this thread to make sure it only mentions your correct URL. Best of luck with your efforts to clarify this misinformation around the web. Have a great drive-in season! Looks like some cool movies lined up!