Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By jen d.
So is anyone else as excited as I am about Tim Burton's directorial awesomeness for Alice In Wonderland? If you haven't heard already, he's totally stacked the deck (pun intended?) with actors that I could have only DREAMED of putting in a movie together:

Johnny Depp - The Mad Hatter
Helena Bonham Carter - The Red Queen or possibly Queen of Hearts
Anne Hathaway - The White Queen
Crispin Glover - Knave of Hearts
Alan Rickman - The Caterpillar
Michael Sheen - Cheshire Cat
Christopher Lee - Unannounced!

*squeal!*

Can't wait to see how this is going to play out, and which other cameos he is likely to add!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Jen, I don't usually *squeal* but I think I am as excited as you. Some might criticize Burton for always using the same actors but c'mon... look at that list of names. You can't go wrong!
By Sind3315
And no doubt this will spur some wonderful patterns... i can hear your mind ticking with idea's already Ryan! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I wish I could start on the patterns right now, but I don't know what the characters look like yet! If only... c'mon Burton, hook me up... give me a head start, will ya?
By mudd
that would be awesome- a stencil of the hookah*(?) smoking a pookah(?) on top of the mushroom. now i got that jefferson airplane song stuck in my head--- " one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. but the ones that mother gives you, dont do anything at all. "
By Euri
jen d. wrote:Christopher Lee - Unannounced!
Aaack! How can he do that!! I am getting so excited for this movie. It looks like Burton has a stellar line-up, but holding back little tasty tidbits like this on Christopher Lee fans (like myself :D ) is almost more than I can take.

Hopefully his part will big significant enough to warrant his own ZP stencil.... :wink:
By jen d.
I know! Christopher Lee is amazing. His voice is so soothing... probably because he voiced King Haggard in The Last Unicorn which I used to watch religiously as a kid.

I've also tried to keep all of my Tim Burton tattoos related to his own artwork and none of the remakes he's done, but this one is gonna be tough. Alice In Wonderland is going to have some fabulous imagery!

I'm surprised Burton hasn't recruited Crispin Glover before this role - those two seem like they are peas from similar pods...
By OogieBoogie
We were going to do an Alice in Wonderland themed yard this year, but alot of things happened that put a damper on that. But with the movie coming out, maybe it will be better to do next year anyway! Im super excited for this movie!!!!!!!! :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
i'm also very excited for this i don;t want to wait 2 years mommy i want it now!
By The Vlad Hatter
That sounds like Willy Wonka not Alice, get your Burton movies straight. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
hahah i didn;t even think of that when i worte it :P
By vibhandaka
Super excited!!!

I love anything with Johnny Depp, but add Alan Rickman and I'm in heaven!!!

I've never really cared for Alice in Wonderland, but I'll have to see this.
By SaneInsideInsanity
it's obviously going to be dark i'm just hoping story line wise he is planning on following the origenal down the rabiit hole i go style as oppsed to the disney style story, if anyone has ever acctually read the novel it's extremmly dark and twisted
By jen d.
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:i'm just hoping story line wise he is planning on following the origenal down the rabiit hole i go style as oppsed to the disney style story
And the answer is Yes!

"Reporting from the Wonderland set in Culver City, CA, Zack Roth (son of the film’s producer Joe Roth) said he got to see Depp in character as the Mad Hatter and that he looked “startlingly crazy.” Roth also said that he was told that screenwriter Linda Woolverton “added some socio-political context to the film’s narrative,” which is adapted from the classic Lewis Carroll tale."[/i]
By Crystal
OMG I have not heard of this and now I cant wait. Alice in wonderland is one of my very favorite storys. OMG eeeeekkkkkkkk I cant wait