Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By GUS
Simon Pegg & Andy Serkis

WILLIAM BURKE and WILLIAM HARE are scratching out a living in 1830s Edinburgh. After yet another failed business venture, they return to Hare’s lodging house to find that their tenant has suddenly died on rent day. As the boys decide how to dispose of the body over a drink, they discover that a corpse can fetch a hefty price. Edinburgh is the centre of the medical universe and the city’s doctors are crying out for more cadavers for their educational lectures. First they try the infamous DR. MONRO, but he’s not interested, so they sell the corpse to DR. KNOX, his vain and ambitious rival who urges them to bring any more ‘unfortunates’ they may stumble upon. Entrepreneurial Hare is quick to realize they’ve hit on a great money making venture and despite the more sensitive Burke’s misgivings, they embark on a series of plans to secure more bodies. They arrange a series of deadly ‘accidents’ for the local unfortunates and to celebrate their success, they go out on the town to celebrate. There, Burke meets GINNY, a beautiful and spirited aspiring actress. In a series of hilarious comic misadventures Burke and Hare begin to secure a steady stream of bodies and the cash starts rolling in.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds like a comedically dark setup for a film. Consider my interest piqued. Pegg and Serkis should make for a cool pairing too.
By GUS
Well simon Pegg & Andy Serkis were at a cannes do for it over the week-end so SOON one should assume!
..plenty on these two as they are a pretty famous pair of rapscallions in print.
By purple1worm
Sounds funny.
By monstermash
Sounds good. The old grave digging idea is great for another foggy 19th century film. I do hope there is plenty of fog!!
I saw a drama about these two and those exact "jobs" you mention on the BBC some years ago. The reality of their lives of course was far more sinster than anything produced by Pegg & Co but its good that they have made a comedy out of it. I look forward to it. I hope the accents are good! (One of my pet hates is a bad accent)
Good find Gus :)
By GUS
I know what you mean re the accents! pronunciation of my surname is a vexing point.
my wife does not even pronounce it correctly, had to get a scottish till lady (supermarket) to repeat it several times, to wind the wife up & make a point).

..The english are so slack jawed with their own language.
By GUS
Well, no it's very simple It was instilled in me that you try & say as "they" (whoever they are) to the local dialect especially as a foriegner to pronounce key words / names depending on where you are, it's either regarded as these folk are ok, they are trying, or as a source of mirth & pitying the outsider, either way it opens up speech & understanding between folk as demonstrated the world over..

It's about as easy as you get to pronounce "och" with a frickin CH, /OCH ..however I only get to hear it if I say it or I run across a scot with a western isle brogue.

Teachers especially write & pronounce it as CK, & yes I do complain but it go's over their heads.
(shakes head)
Bit like GUS, I hate it, but am known as it, eventually I became Gus instead of Angus.
By monstermash
I know this is a bit off topic but if you want to hear TERRIBLE accents try the new Robin Hood flick. Very poor if you ask me. Absolutely shocking from the main man and his merry men. I don't know how they can get away with such clearly awful/wrong accents.
By monstermash
I will definately go and see this. The bad accents are going to piss me off though. Does anyone know the actual date of release?
Looks like there will be a good bunch of familiar faces in it too.
Ronnie Corbett :lol:
By GUS
In reference to poor accents in Robin hood, the fuss made detracted from an otherwise ok film, & no-one has said that at least he tried an accent compared to the 1991 warble-fest debacle with iold wossisname costner!