Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
I've never seen these two. I myself am not a huge remake fan, but I will watch them. I also love horror movies, but am wondering are these 2 flicks really gruesome? Also are they even worth the watch??
By zombombie
The original Halloween is one of my favourite horrors ever and after House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects I thought Rob Zombie could do something good with a remake. Sadly I was mistaken. He clearly has a real love of the original but his take on it is, in my opinion, horribly executed.
By pagemaster1993
I seen the first remake but not the second. In my opinion I like the first one. Mainly because it sticks to the original, but puts it in this age. Though the original will always be the best out there.
By ghostface
Yes, I agree, I loved the original. I think I might check the remake out.
By Dredge
I enjoyed the remake. It was a lot "deeper" if that makes any sense. It was more than just a slasher, and it gives a lot of insight into what makes Mike Meyers what he is.
By ghostface
Dredge wrote:I enjoyed the remake. It was a lot "deeper" if that makes any sense. It was more than just a slasher, and it gives a lot of insight into what makes Mike Meyers what he is.
Thank you for the input! I'm very interested in seeing this.
I really enjoyed his remake of the first one, especially because it goes a little more in depth to young Michael Myers. The second I was not as thrilled with. The first one is definitely worth watching IMO.
Alright finally watched Rob Zombie's remake of the original Halloween. I liked most of it. I liked the fact that they went in depth of Michael and his childhood. Loved all the little nods to the original. Also really enjoyed the big all star cast. But, then the ending happened.. I may be overreacting, but I have NEVER been so angry at an ending of a film EVER.. I thought the original ending was soo much better. It made me so mad that they just showed Laurie Strode shoot Michael and then go straight to the credits. The original was much more mysterious. Now I understand that remakes aren't supposed to be exactly like originals, but this just went wayy too far for me..

That's my tiny little review.
I have to a agree with you there ghostface. The ending of the remake was a little less than expected. There was an alternate ending, but I'm not sure how that went. I haven't watched the movie nor the special features disc that came with mine. So I'll get back to you on that.
OK, I know I am super behind on this, but I FINALLY got around to watching both of these. I liked 1, I thought the extra back story made it more compelling. I really felt terribly sorry for Michael. The ending did leave something to be desired, I have not heard of an alternate? Halloween 2 was a bit more garbled, a decent watch, but probably not a repeat.