Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
I feel like ive already written a post on this but maybe i'm just losing it.
Anyway, I bought The Innkeepers a few weeks ago. It was one of two in a Ti-West dvd double, the other being The House Of The Devil.
According to my empire magazine the film was supposed to be released in cinemas but there it was, on a shelf in HMV.
The plot is roughly this: After 100 years the Yankee Pedlar Inn is shutting its doors for good. The last two remaining employees are determined to uncover proof of what many believe to be one of America's most haunted hotels. As the Inn's final days draw near, odd guests check in as the pair of amatuer ghost hunters begin to experience strange events that ultimately cause them to be mere footnotes in the hotels unexplained history.
There is a great creepy atmosphere throughout and some shocks and frights along the way. I felt it had a touch of the shinning about it but that might just be me. I would recommend anyone to check it out. Oh and The House Of the Devil is good too. :)
By staticfurball
I think I've heard of that movie but wasnt sure it was sp my alley but maybe I'll give it a go. I do love spooky haunting movies. sometimes the less you see the creepier it is. I havent seen the House of the Devil either come to think of it........
I just finished Vampires by Carpenter and I've gotta say its a great movie but seeing how it was NOTHING like the book I'm a little sad that they used the titile and refered to the book at all. They should have just renamed their main character and let the movie stand alone because it is a good movie.
For anyone looking to read a good book I suggest Vampires by John Steakley.