Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
Thoroughly enjoyed this, as I do any of the LoG stuff. I was scribbling down the names of lots of films i'd forgotten about or always wanted to watch. Most should make for good winter viewing. There's nothing like cosying up near a coal fire and watching a good horror in the midst of winter.
Good wasn't it? I've tried to get hold of some of these in the past but they were not available on DVD, hopefully some now are.

One of the best horro films I have ever seen was L' Interieur (inside) starring Beatrice Dalle. Set on Christmas Eve it is an absolutely terrifying gorefest. Not for the faint hearted or anyone who is pregnant. I watch I every Christmas. I love it.
L'Interieur rings a bell. I know ive not seen it but I know ive read about it. The programme really got me thinking about the old silents. I have Vampyr, Nosferatu and The Hands of Orlac but I mean to get more. The actors ghostly eyes in any silent film always stuck in my memory. There really is a huge variety when it comes to horror and I think a lot of people are too quick to shun the genre.
Really enjoyed that. Love watching Gatiss really get into horror like that because it's so clear that he really enjoys it.

I have to say, after seeing Doctor Caligari I'm more interested in seeing more silent films. I'm actually quite shocked that I've never seen Nosferatu!
That's just blasphemy! On today of all days too!

There used to be independent cinemas that used to show black and white silent horror films about this time of year. Sadly, I can't find one within reasonable travelling distance. They all seem to be shown at film festivals these days.
Right so as well as our own halloween prop shop and pumpkin farm, we need to set up our own cinema showing the best that horror has to offer from silents to slasher, from Dracula to Devil's Rejects.
nosferatu wrote:I've just had a mince pie.
GET OUT OF THIS FORUM!! I spit on your mince pies!! :lol:

I'm making my christmas cake this weekend but don't tell anyone. :oops:
I've been inspired by The Great British Bake Off to try my hand at baking. I'm quite a decent cook but baking has always been my Achilles heel. We could use the bread I've made in our prop show. It would make a mighty fine cosh. The perfect murder weapon. Use it to kill then eat the evidence...if you wanted it to be a murder suicide.
The Great British Bake off is a bloomin great prog. It's the perfect show. I love baking, making jam, I think i'm really an old biddy on the inside.

I don't like an ancient old christmas cake. I find its tastiest after about a month. Look at this thread, its gone from horror to cake in about 5 minutes. What does that say about us three? :lol: