Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By nosferatu
Number Six: "I am not a number. I am a free man."
Number Two: "You only think you're free. Be seeing you."

There is a six-part remake of The Prisoner, starring Jim Caviezel and Sir Ian McKellen out soon. Looks pretty good and it airs on AMC in November and ITV early next year.

I loved the original and just for the record I too "will not be pushed, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered."

There is a nine minute trailer available for those who want it. Be seeing you
By Tkaraoke
I wonder if Rover is going to make it to the new miniseries.
By GUS
YES!!

(pummels the air with fist) ..cracking news!
By Tkaraoke
Holy crap! Magneto is #2?
By Ajax
I could never find the series but I want to track it down. Can't wait for the remake great cast, but what the hell does Gandalf the white have to do with a spy organization.
By nosferatu
Ian McKellan is superb. His most harrowing performance was in a film he did for Channel 4 television in the early 1980's called "Walter". If you ever get the chance to see it, do. Don't think its ever had a DVD release but could be wrong.

The original Prisoner was filmed in Portmerion in Wales and I've been there many times. I think this will hold up really well as they have not tried to emulate it too much but seemingly kept a similar storyline.

I remember when it was rerun on tv in the eighties, everyone went around quoting that and The Young Ones.

Be seeing you
By Tkaraoke
nosferatu wrote:I remember when it was rerun on tv in the eighties, everyone went around quoting that and The Young Ones.
Do we got a video??

:wink:
By nosferatu
Yes! We've got a video!
By Flak
Wow, I thought I was the only one who's seen the Prisoner :o

I really enjoyed it. Just a bit too abstract to be considered having a storyline :lol:
By Tkaraoke
The last episode of The Prisoner was almost too much for my brain to handle! LOL