Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By SaneInsideInsanity
though if you still use candles it may melt the celophane...
By MichalAngelo
That's true. I decided to go with the battery operated light. So far, I've got one real pumpkin done, and two pumpkins I picked up at Michael's. They had them on sale for 60% off. Went back today to get a few more but the large ones are gone. :(
By SaneInsideInsanity
Yeah i picked one up when they were 60% off last week mine had tons though planning on going back on payday...havn't done any realkins yet too soon for my climate/smashing from nieghboorhood kids...they're bad seeds
By Raven
I never understood the thrill of smashing peoples pumpkins. I guess we can take comfort in knowing they are the first the Zombie Pumpkins will come for! :twisted:
By SaneInsideInsanity
i don;t know i live on the "wrong" side of the tracks if you will lol, All i have up right now is caution tape spider webs and leaf bags and they're still tring to trash it 2 kids stole my jack skelliton leaf bags out of my front yard yesterday in broad daylight ran into the back alley and dumped them...i have retrieve the bags since then i found out 10 min later and followed thier "path" but never found them. The kicker is they're was about a dozen various neighboors outside who witnessed it and didn;t stop them. I think they're all jealous. That's why i don;t set up the grave yard ect until gate night or halloween day, if gate night ii sit by the window all night and bobby trap my gate.....
anyway the point of this is...i wouldn't want to see what would happen to any pumpkkins left out would you....
By CombichristGirl
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:i don;t know i live on the "wrong" side of the tracks if you will lol, All i have up right now is caution tape spider webs and leaf bags and they're still tring to trash it 2 kids stole my jack skelliton leaf bags out of my front yard yesterday in broad daylight ran into the back alley and dumped them...i have retrieve the bags since then i found out 10 min later and followed thier "path" but never found them. The kicker is they're was about a dozen various neighboors outside who witnessed it and didn;t stop them. I think they're all jealous. That's why i don;t set up the grave yard ect until gate night or halloween day, if gate night ii sit by the window all night and bobby trap my gate.....
anyway the point of this is...i wouldn't want to see what would happen to any pumpkkins left out would you....
omfg i want to murder those kind of people and make them part of my display
By SaneInsideInsanity
i know i couldn;t track them though...what bugs me is everyone said they didnt see anything...come on 3 kids to giant white 30lb leaf bags and you didn;tsee it...in broad daylight...
mumbles
By CombichristGirl
well no one here sees u slipping in each neighbors back door and killing them at night :D
i would have got some tougher kids and payed them with candy and pumpkins to go tp those guys house if i found em that is lol
By mudd
i must confess, i used to be a pumpkin killer. the day after i would take them out back, blindfold them, a cig in thier mouth and use them for target practice. one year i gave one a viking funeral. damn i love haloween!
By CombichristGirl
mudd wrote:i must confess, i used to be a pumpkin killer. the day after i would take them out back, blindfold them, a cig in thier mouth and use them for target practice. one year i gave one a viking funeral. damn i love haloween!
now after they start going bad we have a tradition to throw ours into the street breaking them, all of us do it not just me lol.
but i would never mess with someones set up as i love it to much i cant look at it if i mess it up right? lol
By shutterbug
...another way to make the inside green or red is to paint the inside of the pumpkin with bright green or red paint & just use a normal candle.Just remember it has to be the flourescent(sp?) paint.It does work very well...J
By Raven
A local news station just showed a guy that does some custom carvings. With the studio lights being so bright he couldn't really display the pumpkins lit up so he put inflated, colored balloons inside the pumpkins. The colors really brought out the design. Neat idea for displaying during the day or in a lighted indoor area. He did place a glowstick inside one of the balloons to display at night, but of course thats only good for one night.
By matspud
Just remember not to use anything hot like a candle in with the cellophane.
By SaneInsideInsanity
CombichristGirl wrote:
mudd wrote:i must confess, i used to be a pumpkin killer. the day after i would take them out back, blindfold them, a cig in thier mouth and use them for target practice. one year i gave one a viking funeral. damn i love haloween!
now after they start going bad we have a tradition to throw ours into the street breaking them, all of us do it not just me lol.
but i would never mess with someones set up as i love it to much i cant look at it if i mess it up right? lol
That's differnent though after halloween is after halloween, and they're are to many tough kids in the nieghboorhood if i bribed one id have em all at my door telling me to bribe them too or get stabbed lol...and even if i did suceed in bribing them they wouldn;t tp oh no not these kids half of them have been to juvy alreay the other half are in some gang or another...that's why i like to give them a good halloween....
By Dr. Frybrain
MichalAngelo wrote: Other than a green light (that's an obvious way)
Not only is it obvious, but it is very easy. Just pick up a string of the vintage style christmas lights, then you can put any color in a standard night light. Red, green, blue or yellow.