Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By JMP919
I'm looking forward to finally trying it this weekend
By JMP919
Just got mine in the mail. Thanks for the sticker Ryan, going straight to my notebook. Get some free advertising around Rhode Island College :P
By suzika
I just ordered the saral paper. My only worry is my pumpkins tend to be juicy as I carve them. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Should I gut a day earlier than normal?
By Raven
suzika wrote:I just ordered the saral paper. My only worry is my pumpkins tend to be juicy as I carve them. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Should I gut a day earlier than normal?
I carved a real juicy one the other night. It did not affect the transfer in any way. I didn't wipe it which may be why the lines stayed on. I'm not sure if gutting the day before will help any, but I don't think you will have to worry about it much. The Saral paper is the best stuff ever. :P
By Tkaraoke
I had a real bad first time experiance with Saral but I am willing to give it another try. I can see where it can come in real handy with shading pumpkins.
By Joey
I had a real wet one last weekend, and it didn't effect the transfer that much at all. I was being careful to try not to smudge it, and it went through fine.
By zombombie
Does anyone know if you can get saral paper in the UK?
By sodajazz
When you have transfered the pattern with the saral paper, just give it a quick spray with hairspray it doesnt matter how wet and juicy the 'kin is, it won't smudge the lines :D
By GUS
Edinburghzombie wrote:Does anyone know if you can get saral paper in the UK?
NO, Saral paper outside of the U.S. is pretty much a no can do, which is why Ryan was hassled for so long to stock it ..& now is.
Bung an order in & be happy!
By paddy_babe
gus is right, I ordered from the shocking shop for the first time this year, it was the pro carving tool (I'm told a must and now looking at it was the best buy!) and seral paper. I had to trawl around shops on request of my partner BEFORE I ordered.... waste of time and energy! But he then saw I could only get in from the usa so was grand with me ordering lol

I think its worth in EZ :)
By SuperSonic
Why... the Shocking Shop of course :twisted:
By zombombie
paddy_babe wrote:
gus is right, I ordered from the shocking shop for the first time this year, it was the pro carving tool (I'm told a must and now looking at it was the best buy!) and seral paper. I had to trawl around shops on request of my partner BEFORE I ordered.... waste of time and energy! But he then saw I could only get in from the usa so was grand with me ordering lol

I think its worth in EZ :)
Thanks! I just got my pro carving tool from the shocking shop and I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend :) Might have to look into ordering saral paper as well.
By Lithium_joe
As promised I placed an order for the saral paper just now.

I went down to our local art shop for some transfer paper* and it was £6 for 5 sheets. Last year I got 10.

I figured if I mess up a design, I'll have no backup m and for £8 equivilant I could get the saral paper. So I did.

Will look for it's arrival in the next few days.

*and some knew modelling knives. I got a curved blade which should make doing some of the not straight lines easier and bevelling the edges.
By Lithium_joe
The Saral roll arrived today (slightly flattened) but the good news is, it beat the postal strike due to begin tomorrow.
By paddy_babe
Lithium_joe wrote:The Saral roll arrived today (slightly flattened) but the good news is, it beat the postal strike due to begin tomorrow.
glad it arrived before the strike for you jow :D and mine was flattened aswell, do you think royal mail just do a jig on packages??