Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Sirius_Loser
Hi, i was just wondering how i would go about scaling down a stencil for a smaller pumpkin. i did it last year, but haven't been able to get it done this year. please help.
By Niceworkbonedaddy
i have scaled down by taking the pattern to a photo copy shop and getting it downsized it works really well ..

good luck :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
In the future, I hope to add a feature to the site that will allow you to chose the size at which the stencil prints out. But for now, you'll have to get a little crafty.

I'd suggest printing it out at normal size, and then taking it to a copy center (as Niceworkbonedaddy suggested) to have them reduce or enlarge it. Or if you have a scanner, you can scan it into a graphics program and resize it yourself.

Although, I'd be careful about shrinking these designs too much. I try to design them to carve well at the size they originally print. So... depending on the level of detail the pattern has, you may be in for a challenge if you shrink it down too much.
:wink:
By Sirius_Loser
Thanks both of you, i don't know why i didn't think to do that...wow i've wasted all kinds of time. :oops:
By adam
Heh sirius loser, things happen! Sometimes we just need a different perspective to think of another perspective. It's never a bad thing to ask for outside help! Now you know and can help others if they ask.
By sodajazz
i remember e mailing over this problem

right........ zombie pumpkin stencils are simple yet effective.... click and go..... not rocket science

but ... for those of us who are not computer literate ........ what is a graphics program :?:

my computer knowledge consists of www and word...... again click and go

i need simplicity ........ i am not computer literate....... i need help

am i on the first step to recovery :?:

or am i out of my league :?: :shock:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sodajazz wrote:what is a graphics program
Well any software that lets you edit images. I use Adobe Photoshop, but you could use whatever you've got. Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, etc. Or since we're talking about scanning, your scanner probably came with with software that allows for basic image editing. Enough for resizing scans, at least.
By Black Talon
If you have the tools (and are a uber-computer geek like I am), you can also print the stencils to a PDF printer/driver. Once you have a .pdf file of the stencil, you can use Acrobat Reader (or whichever .pdf viewer you have) to scale it down if necessary.