Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Nikki
What songs would you put on to your Halloween/Spook soundtrack?

I'm going to have a small system playing music on the porch [hidden of course!] and these will be a few of the songs..Some just have that creepy..skin crawling effect...

Black Horse Riding Star- Scarling
Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie
I Put A Spell On You- original or Manson cover
Forsaken- Disturbed- Queen of the Damned Soundtrack
Where Good Girls Go To Die- London After Midnight (the bells are awesome!)
Stithces-Orgy
Dragula-Rob Zombie
Plea- Genitorturers
Suicide Trees- Otep

And a few sound effects from cds...

Most are metal oriented but hey..it gets the job done. :twisted:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Here are some of my music recommendations to play at your Halloween party this week:

Oculus Infernum by Van Helsing's Curse
Dee Snider, best known as the lead vocalist of the band Twisted Sister, is the creative force behind this new musical project which strives to be THE soundtrack for Halloween. Van Helsing's Curse is not a band, it's a rock orchestra. It includes a five-piece rock group, a six-piece string section and a six-piece choir, chanting in Latin. The narration tells a story that is vague enough to let the music and your imagination fill in the blanks. This album definitely has a Halloween feel, but also some wailing rock guitar solos that remind you that it was put together by rockers from a different decade. Still, it's an ambitious project, which I'm sure will have an entertaining stage show when they tour.

Midnight Syndicate
"For the past seven years, Midnight Syndicate has been creating classic gothic/horror soundscapes for the imagination." They have several albums including: Born of the Night, Realm of Shadows, Gates of Delerium and Vamyre. It's like score music to a creepy movie - there's strings and organs and piano and chanting. Even some sound effects woven in. I haven't listened to them enough to really tell one from other other. They're all great.

Donnie Darko Score by Michael Andrews
This is not a soundtrack of the 80's music used in the film. It's simply the score, and I love it. Tons of atmospheric piano and ambient choral sounds. So haunting and genius. This score is great to play around Halloween (the movie takes place at Halloween, after all) but it's great music to chill you any time of year.

Halloween Hootinany
Not the best backing music for a haunted attraction, but great for a Halloween party. It's a collection of Halloween songs done in surf and rockabilly style, with such songs as "No Costume, No Candy" and "Creature Stole My Surfboard." I'm fond of the "Munsters Theme" by Los Straitjackets myself, as well as the intro and closing by horror host Zacherley. And the project was put together by Rob Zombie, so of course I have to like this.

Alice soundtrack by Chris Vrenna
The music used in the spooky video game of the same name, which focuses on Alice's adventures in a warped vision of Wonderland. Excellent gothic music, with the twist of being composed mainly with children's instruments. Something about a child's music box, layered with slow violin and eerie chorus chanting, can give you the chills.
By Nikki
Oooooh Dee Snider. I LOVED his movie Strangeland. He actually looked pretty interesting with the piercings and facial/tribal tattoo.

I'm going to check out this Midnight Syndicate...
By Flak
Some CDs I put on around Halloween:

Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
AFI - All Hallow's EP
Son of Sam - Son of Sam
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
By kittehkat
I agree, Midnight Syndicate ROCKS!
By znexo
wow. no Oingo Boingo mentioned yet? no Halloween is complete without "Dead Man's Party."

or the "Monster Mash"