Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
If anyone has comcast, or other carriers I guess, the music channels have a catagory called seasonal and it's playing all Halloween music right now. Nothing too hard core, just fun stuff, but nice in the background for a change... :D Right now they are playing Time Warp. :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, really? I have Comcast, and listen to their music channels sometimes. I know the seasonal station plays Christmas music, but I never thought to check it out at this time of year for Halloween tunes. I'll going to turn it on right now.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sind3315
They were just playing some "sound effects" and all I could think about was my poor fiance waking up to the howling of a werewolf!!! :lol:

I just had to edit and say that I'm busting out laughing after the halloween type songs, they're playing the "itsy bitsy spider" Hey, I guess if you have arachnaphobia, it's a pretty scarey song! :lol: :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha, I heard the "itsy bitsy spider" song also. Some of the songs they're playing lean a little too cute a kiddie for my tastes, but I'm also hearing some good stuff too.

They played Alice Cooper's "Welcome to my Nightmare" and The Misfits' "Halloween." Some Midnight Syndicate too.

There's some repeating though also. In the last few hours, I've heard "Ghostbusters," "The Witch Doctor," and "Monster Mash" twice each.
By Dredge
I have Directv. I havent even thought to check for a halloween music channel. I may do that after work today.
By Sind3315
yeah, they do tend to repeat quite a few... This will be my choice when I just need some background noise... Some good mixed in with some kiddie songs... It's funny to hear the Nighmare on Elm street theme followed by the itsty bitsy spider.... :wink:
By The Captain
We have it down in Florida on Bright House channel 401! :D Pretty cool would have never know it, thanks Sind
By Sind3315
Whoo hooo! Glad some other people have it too. They have Halloween trivia on there as well as the music is playing in case anyone needs idea's for a Trivia game or something...

Things I learned tonight:

Jamie Lee Curtis was only paid $8000 for her role in Halloween
Her wardrobe only cost about $100 for the same movie
And the movie was shot in 21 days!

I love the Halloween movies so these jumped out at me. :wink:
By SaneInsideInsanity
man i wish i had something to find this on no luck thoguh...cries on the insisde...oh well my playlist is up to 230 songs and sound effects right now it's almost done
By Zombie Pumpkins!
After you pointed out this seasonal music station, Sind, I set my cable box to default to that station when I turned it on. So I got to listen to quite a bit of Halloween music this way, recently.

But today, I turned on the cable box and was greeted with "Here comes Santa Claus." Wow, they wasted no time switching the "seasonal" station format from Halloween to Christmas.

I like Christmas tunes when the time is right, but I'm not ready for 2 months of these songs. I still have lit pumpkins all over the place, this just feels weird hearing Bing Crosby singing while Undead Ted glows nearby.
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:this just feels weird hearing Bing Crosby singing while Undead Ted glows nearby.
That's why you need to do a Undead Bing Christmas pattern! ROFLMAO!
:D
By Sind3315
Dang already?! Sheesh.... I was gonna have it on as I was packing my halloween stuff away. Bummer. They really don't waste any time. The stores have their Christmas stuff out already, guess they gotta get the songs playing too.... Although I'm a HUGE Christmas fan, I don't think I'm ready for Christmas songs just yet. Give me about two weeks. LOL!!! :lol: Although I can't stop playing the Nightmare before Christmas soundtrack... LOL!!!!
By adam
I too found this at the last minute on Halloween morning as I was carving the last bit of pumpkins. The channel was also playing music from REPO the Genetic Opera...which all us repo fans were very excited about. :)