Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
Though I'm not typically known to be a proponent of internet radio or AOL, I've been finding myself listening to AOL Radio's Halloween station quite often lately.

If you can put up with hearing the same 3 advertisements every 7 songs or so, you'll get a great selection of classic Halloween tracks to get in the spirit. And even some surprising selections too.

You'll hear Rob Zombie and Danny Elfman.

You'll get orchestral classics like "Night on Bald Mountain."

You'll find Will Smith and Elvira rapping about classic slashers.

You'll get Monster Mash and Purple People Eater.

You'll rock out to "Werewolves of London" and "People Are Strange"

You'll be spooked by atmospheric tracks by Midnight Syndicate.

You'll be given movie songs like "Time Warp," "Halloween theme" and even the theme from "Saw."

You may even be treated to Willem Dafoe reciting Poe's "The Raven"

A pretty solid mix, if you ask me. Soft moody music, campy classic, movie scores, spoken word, etc.

To listen, go here and use their search bar to search for: HALLOWEEN
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By purple1worm
Cool! my bf found a radio site last year. It also had a halloween radio!! I'll admit I almost drove him nuts with it! I played up until January! I'll have to find that site again soon! hehehe! :lol: :lol: I'll try try to play it more when he's not around though.
By Nikki
OoOoh! I am going to listen to that station right now..

And hope it gives me some ideas for my own mix.
Thanks for posting this Ryan!
By CorpseBride
Phooey...unavailable from my location. Sounds like it would be a great station though!
By Nikki
CorpseBride wrote:Phooey...unavailable from my location. Sounds like it would be a great station though!
WHAT?! You can't access AOL in Canada?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nikki wrote:WHAT?! You can't access AOL in Canada?
I assume it has to do with the licensing of the music. Same goes for TV and movies shown online (like at Hulu). Copyright holders for the music have made licensing deals with the site for the US, but the legal allowances aren't in place to let other countries stream the music.
By Nikki
zombiepumpkins wrote:
Nikki wrote:WHAT?! You can't access AOL in Canada?
I assume it has to do with the licensing of the music. Same goes for TV and movies shown online (like at Hulu). Copyright holders for the music have made licensing deals with the site for the US, but the legal allowances aren't in place to let other countries stream the music.
Oh man... what a bummer :(

I'm going to Canada sometime next year to stay with some family.. I know so little about over there :lol:
By purple1worm
Nikki wrote:I'm going to Canada sometime next year to stay with some family.. I know so little about over there :lol:
We aren't much different then you guys actually! Accept we have medicare! Where will you be staying ( which Province)?

There are Halloween stations on the web you can access from Canada! Try radio.com
By jen d.
Drats! One of the few downsides to living in Canada. :(

However, for those interested, this seems like a similar station and is definitely available in my area:

http://www.halloweenradio.net/
By Nikki
purple1worm wrote:Where will you be staying ( which Province)?
Over in Victoria.. somewhere around there :) I
By CorpseBride
Nikki wrote:I'm going to Canada sometime next year to stay with some family.. I know so little about over there :lol:
Well be prepared, bring a snowsuit because it gets pretty cold in our igloos. And don't mind the polar bears...they only eat humans around mealtimes. Oh yes and I know your friend Jeff from Canada.

Ha ha ha ha KIDDING!!
By Nikki
CorpseBride wrote:Well be prepared, bring a snowsuit because it gets pretty cold in our igloos. And don't mind the polar bears...they only eat humans around mealtimes. Oh yes and I know your friend Jeff from Canada.

Ha ha ha ha KIDDING!!
:lol: As for the snow... I am having fits of happiness because the only time I have EVER been to the snow was up.. (geographically challenged) over in Portola, Ca .. was when I was around 9!
By purple1worm
Actually it depends when you'll be here. It doesn't snow all the time. Espescially in B.C. (which is were Victoria is) I've never been but i'm told it rains a lot there!