Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Tkaraoke
Does anybody have any recommendations for music or Halloween sound effects? Every year I struggle to find the perfect Halloween background music CD.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Not so sure about sound effects, but last year I offered some suggestions for spooky tunes. Check out this thread: Haunted Sounds...soundtrack

Black Mage also suggested a cool Halloween Jukebox that should give you some ideas for fun party songs.

Once Halloween gets closer, I might post another list of suggested tracks. I've been collecting a lot of Halloween songs lately.
By Tkaraoke
Being a DJ I do have collected lots of popular Halloween theme music (Monster Mash, Dead Man's Party, others) but I'd really like to find a disc with sinister music or spooky sounds.

I listened to the "jukebox" and it was cool but I have most of that stuff all ready. I'm surprised it didn't have "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC or "Shout At The Devil" by Motley Crue.
By Liderc
I listened to all the examples on that page and its some pretty nice stuff, like ZP said it's very atmospheric and if your like me and you don't like the normal scary music with sparatic yelling and such, you'll enjoy this, very eerie feel.

Approved-
By Kerianne19
My dad actually has an entire tape that consists of this old creepy sounding man basically giving a tour of a haunted house... So it has all those nice Halloween sound effects! Creeky doors, bubbling couldrons, creepy laughing, screams, chains rattleing, ect.. It is really the best for sound effects and that perfect creepy appeal! I will ask him what it's called..
By Tkaraoke
Man, that's some good stuff there!! Thanks for turning me on to it.
By Steve-o
Not particularly scary, but the theme to Beetlejuice is something I like to listen to especially around Halloween!
By Pumpkin King
About two years ago I got a Disney Winne the Poo CD which had about 2/3 of an old halloween soundtrack from the late 1970's. It's well worth the $5 I spent on it. There is a frekenstein scene where he escapes, grave diggers, and several more. I will try to dig it out and get the title for those that are interested.
By harpman22
I actually use the soundtrack from the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. I play it through the window as the kids come up to the house. :)
By Tkaraoke
harpman22 wrote:I actually use the soundtrack from the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. I play it through the window as the kids come up to the house. :)
I downloaded the album from iTunes last year. It's about as classic as classic can get!