Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
Create spooky spiderweb effects and cobwebs anywhere you want with this professional quality Webcaster spiderweb creation device that uses webcaster sticks that are similar to glue sticks. Create giant spiderwebs!

* The spider web Webcaster Gun is made of black plastic and metal and comes complete with webcaster sticks; requires an air compressor (not included) for operation.

I am curious about this product and have been debating buying it for a few years now. Has anyone tried it out it just looks like a glorified hot glue gun but you never know.
By Artex76
It really is nothing more than a glue gun. I have used just plain glue guns to do spiderweb effects on furniture pieces and cages. I have heard good things sbout these and if you feel you need one then go for it.
By GUS
I guess these are very VOC & therefore noxious? ..(the glue)
By SaneInsideInsanity
im not sure ive only seen them online and the only way the glue is really designed is web sticks
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:I guess these are very VOC & therefore noxious? ..(the glue)
Oh really? Dam :( I was thinking of asking for one for my birthday...I really like the effect they give. Does anyone know any more about this?!?
By GUS
tThere seem to be several types, i've always wanted one, however VOC's really concern me as does the thought of killing actual spiders in an attempt to emulate them.
I leave cobwebs up & am a proud observer when I see hundreds of little baby spiders finally hatch all over the house.

(yes charlottes web was one of my favourite books as a 7 yr old)
By punchi
GUS wrote: however VOC's really concern me as does the thought of killing actual spiders in an attempt to emulate them.
HA! That made me laugh. I use a glue gun a lot, so this thing seems really messy to me, right up there with a handful of glitter, lol.
By GUS
Some of them seem to use a spinner complete with a liquid glue, the hot melt option is curious, used to use one (unfortunately) before I got my industrial glue gun back, the stick guns are so lame, slow & innefficient you should only consider marking time with them ...s...l...ow....!
By punchi
After seeing the video, I have to stick with my original thought that it is as messy as glitter! How would you every get it all cleaned up. It looks really cool, though!
By Doh
I'm going to bodge up a home-made version tonight when I get home. I have all the needed parts to do so...it should be a 15 minute affair.
By GUS
thing is for this type 9as per the vid) it should be tiny chips & threads, so brittle & easy to remove... in theory.
By CorpseBride
Doh wrote:I'm going to bodge up a home-made version tonight when I get home. I have all the needed parts to do so...it should be a 15 minute affair.
Oooh let us know how that goes!
By Doh
O.K. here's the deal. It was very simple to make. I had it ready to go before the glue gun warmed up. You will need a gun that gets really hot. Mine was a 30 watt gun and it had issues staying hot enough but while it was at its warmest it worked flawlessly. I filled an old milk crate in my shop full of webs.

Clean up would be horrific unless there is a glue out there that peels easily...it didn't want to come off of my milk crate very well.
By CorpseBride
Hmmm...good to know! I hate Halloween clean up for two reasons. 1) It takes a lot of time....and 2) It makes me sad its over! lol