Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By paddy_babe
Just a quick question;

has anyone else had differculty fitting the finer blade into the handle? I was testing out mine and it just seemed to stick a bit (like it was too wide if that makes sense?)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
No troubles blade changing here. It's a snug fit (intentionally, so the blade doesn't fall out) but give it a wiggle, front to back, and it will go. Also, be sure the brass chuck (the part that unscrews) is loosened adequately. You can even unscrew it all the way and take the whole brass part out if that helps you insert the new blade. When in place, the small size blade looks like this...

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
It's a "Nut Grabber" though, so needs to be tightened & loosened properly.
Unless it's changed (ie the blade seating) ..then theres a complete cross cut & a shorter cros cut, pop it in the shorter one!
so try it the other way round.
By paddy_babe
I was doing the shorter cross section, I thought it wasnt going in because the blade bit starts straight away (whereas the bigger blades have the plain metal bit if that makes sense?)

got it in though (gave it a wiggle lol) I think I was worried about it breaking or getting stuck, but as you said it was meant to be snug.

thanks ryan and gus :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yup yup. Blades go in the shorter slot (not the one that goes all the way across). And it's okay if grabs onto the "teeth" of the blade. If you wanted to, you could even insert the blade further than what I show in the above picture.

But generally you want to insert it far enough that the tool has a good grip on the blade, but enough sticking out to get adequate depth into your pumpkin flesh.
By SuperSonic
would that blade help for very small eyes
By GUS
SuperSonic wrote:would that blade help for very small eyes
yes. very versatile
By paddy_babe
where would we be without you, gus and ryan! seriously thank you guys :D
By Carving Queen
I liked using my pro tool ... I just need a second handle so I dont have to waste any time switching back and forth between the 2 sized blades.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I also Loved this tool will be investing in another one next year so I don;t have to switch handles. Great product blades were still going sharp after consant carving for 6 hours :D. A great buy. Was great for Detail work....thank goodness my Dremel went Kaput on Pumpkin 5 I almost had a heart attack
By hkzombie
This year, I would like to get more serious with the tools that I'm using. I haven't brought anything yet but I'm starting to look around. Has anyone used ZP's tool set? My arsenal last year consisted of a plastic pumpkin scrapper from Walmart, push pins from my office, and a steak knife from the kitchen :oops: It worked, but I think its time for an upgrade!
By Dredge
I am also curious about this. I was considering picking one up myself.
By Dredge
Hmmm. I'm sure its way different from the plastic set I use now lol.
By GUS
Dredge! ..shame on you sir.
I also have 2 sets.
Some are even lucky enough to have the ZP logo on them!

'
'
''
'
'
'
'
Not me though ...oh no! grrr
Last edited by GUS on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.