Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
By chuckwagon
I google image searched "Tinkerbell pumpkin stencil" cause I was wanting to get a few ideas for a Tinkerbell stencil to match my Cinderella for my daughter, and saw a really cool white gemmy that appeared to have been spray painted green on the inside pre-carve (because there was no over spray on the cuts that i could see)... looked REALLY cool, but I didn't see it in a darkened setting, or the person used a flash when the pic was taken... I know i could just use green glow sticks, but wondered how different the effect would be with painted inner walls and regular pumpkin light? Anyone??
By Kayo
it would darken the light unless you used like a neon. dark colors kill light, light colors spread it. so because foamies are made to look like ripe pumpkins with light insides and dark outsides the light works in them when you paint them you have to be sure to match that. so a light green should work but nothing to dark. i hope that helps
By Raven
I had to go google it and I'm pretty sure I see the one you are referring to. Looking at the very bottom of her dress you can see the light inside. It looks like one of the battery operated color changing howler lights or something similar. I'm guessing the white 'kin is white on the inside as well, which would help in the color as opposed to the orange ones which are more orangy/yellow inside.

It is really pretty with the white pumpkin and light green lighting. I love Tinkerbell. :kiss:
By chuckwagon
Yeah I saw the light inside too, but with the extreme outer lighting/flash bulb, I couldn't tell if the green was from the light, or if it was actually painted. Either way, I think a white pumpkin, with a Tink stencil and green lighting would look perfect... Please don't revoke my man card for saying that :lol:
By Raven
It looks to me like the light itself is green, but I bet with how bright the picture was with the flash or whatever they used it just made it come out lighter looking. Now you have me wondering as well if a light green paint would give you the same effect when lit with a regular light. I'm guessing hers would look darker in the dark, which is what you were probably asking about all along. I get things..just takes me awhile! :wink: